North Carolina
Options

Reusable Shopping Bags - Local Stores

Hi Knotties!

I was wondering if anyone knew of any local NC-based stores that sell their own reusable grocery bags.  I was thinking of purchasing some to use as our welcome bags.

The closer to the RDU area the business is, the better.  But I did hear of some grocery stores in Greensboro having their own bags?

Anyway, any advice or experience you guys have would be awesome!

Re: Reusable Shopping Bags - Local Stores

• Options
    Target, Trader Joes (really cool ones), Harris Teeter, Kohls, Kroger (I think, not positive), and I've seen them randomly at Food Lions before.

You could also look online for them if you don't find any that you like. :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_reusable-shopping-bags-local-stores?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:c6bc9547-3d81-4d43-80f0-f19b51d8102fPost:58f65703-1c73-4cfe-9949-4091cacf7b68">Reusable Shopping Bags - Local Stores</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Knotties! I was wondering if anyone knew of any local NC-based stores that sell their own reusable grocery bags.  I was thinking of purchasing some to use as our welcome bags. The closer to the RDU area the business is, the better.  But I did hear of some grocery stores in Greensboro having their own bags? Anyway, any advice or experience you guys have would be awesome!
    Posted by caseystain[/QUOTE]

Target, Walmart do, I know the fresh market does and so does cvs and a few other chain stores
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    OP, you could also call the local stores you're interested in and see if they would be interested in giving you some bags (like if they're the nice bags). I mean, heck, that's free advertisement lol.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the tips - I was looking for more local sources rather than big brands like Target/Walmart.

I was thinking of local chain grocery stores, but I don't.. really shop at any.  I shop at big brands.
  • Options
    What about checking the Raleigh Farmers market. There may be something there?
  • Options
    I bet Nofo in Raleigh does.
  • Options
    Harris Teeter is based in Matthews, NC.  They have their own reusable bags.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_reusable-shopping-bags-local-stores?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:c6bc9547-3d81-4d43-80f0-f19b51d8102fPost:29aca6d1-e088-4969-87e2-f48530b911b3">Re: Reusable Shopping Bags - Local Stores</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bet Nofo in Raleigh does.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

I had never heard of that place, but it looks like they have tons of NC-based products.  Thanks for the recommendation!

And I also didn't know Harris Teeter HQ was in NC.. good to know :)
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Lowes Foods is also NC based.

Wells Pork at the Raleigh farmers market has their own bags.  And House Autry has their own, although I'm not sure where you'd go to get them, I got mine at the State Fair last year (contact them here http://www.house-autry.com/contact).

Or maybe A Southern Season in Chapel Hill
  • Options
    I think Whole Foods does, too.  A chain, but the bags are relatively cute.  The Container Store has cute bags, too.  Not a grocery store, but I got one of their bags at an event I went to and have really liked it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards