New Jersey
Options

Elite Entertainment

Has anyone used them? A friend of mine did for a baptis, but I would liket o hear about weddings. Any other suggestions for DJ's under $2k?

Re: Elite Entertainment

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Gemini DJ's start with a basic package around $1850. For that I believe it's a DJ & MC for 4 hours.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bereasonable2bereasonable2 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I been to 1 or 2 weddings where they were the DJ. They're not bad. Probably one of the better ones out there.
  • Options
    Melvin7712Melvin7712 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using NJs Best DJs - they gave us a great deal, including DJ & MC, plus uplighting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Danny c, he was great to work with and kept our dance floor packed!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If this is the company based in Eatontown, I've been to two weddings where they did the music.

I'm not going to lie - I danced a lot at those weddings. But the pumping music and yelling wasn't the vibe I wanted for my wedding. At one of the weddings, they did that game where they make everyone pass a napkin around their tables like a hot potato, then the people who get stuck with them have to march everyone at their table onto the dance floor. I'm just not a fan of forced participation. But if you like that sort of thing, then go for it.

There is also a company called Elite SOUND Entertainment, which I believe is based in Bergen County. I'm not familiar with them, but they seem to be popular on this board.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_elite-entertainment-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:6df1d6b3-3883-4d74-9de7-748131abf679Post:286d51e5-e29c-4725-b109-47dcc4f010e6">Re: Elite Entertainment</a>:
    [QUOTE]If this is the company based in Eatontown, I've been to two weddings where they did the music. I'm not going to lie - I danced a lot at those weddings. But the pumping music and yelling wasn't the vibe I wanted for my wedding. At one of the weddings, they did that game where they make everyone pass a napkin around their tables like a hot potato, then the people who get stuck with them have to march everyone at their table onto the dance floor. I'm just not a fan of forced participation. But if you like that sort of thing, then go for it. <strong>There is also a company called Elite SOUND Entertainment, which I believe is based in Bergen County. I'm not familiar with them, but they seem to be popular on this board.</strong>
    Posted by 37 Butter Knives[/QUOTE]
    This was my confusion too.  We used Elite Sound and they were amazing--no cheesy dance moments, no forced games, no group dances, nothing like that.  They were very easy to work with and we customized everything we wanted for the night. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we looked at them but ultimately ened up going with Eclipse entertainment. The owner came to our house and met with us for 2 hours. We were blown away and signed the next day.
    Nov 2012 Siggy: The ring!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Dash of Class. They're under 2k, I got the uplighting and ceromony music and I'm at like 2,100. I've heard good reviews on them and I've noticed they are a preferred vendor for a lot of venues (which Id assume means the're good)! I looked into elite too and ended up going with dash of class. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_elite-entertainment-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:6df1d6b3-3883-4d74-9de7-748131abf679Post:1f26d38c-3b9f-4bfb-bd43-0cff6a667da9">Re: Elite Entertainment</a>:
    [QUOTE] I've noticed they are a preferred vendor for a lot of venues (which Id assume means the're good)!
    Posted by mfarl007[/QUOTE]

Not quite.

If a vendor is "preferred" or "recommended" by a venue, it could mean that they paid the venue for that status.

If a vendor comes recommended by a venue, it's not a red flag in most cases. But it's not always a guarantee of quality. We used our venue's recommended florist and baker, and they were wonderful - but we decided on them after doing our own research.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are using elite entertainment...our DJ is Jay Thompson.   they have been great to work with so far...went down and looked at all the DJs tapes and demos at their office.  they also have an online planner to picks songs you want and dont want to hear at the wedding.  we are getting married in march so its considered winter month and we are paying 1250 for it.  they were also dj at my cousins wedding and were great!  goodluck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    they also do cocktail hour music for free...ceremony music is extra 300 i think
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't post on here much any more but occasionally lurk. I used them for my wedding last year, kris a was my dj....they were amazing. We had no cheesy participation stuff going on, you basically tell them what you want. Remember these vendors work for you. I will say, our dance floor was packed the entire night and they made dh and my music taste work. We like everything from kid rock to Metallica to usher and it flowed. I had family that is in the music business and they had many great things to say about elite. (the ones in eaton town-not to be confused with the Bergen county company)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input. I was talking about the Eatontown one. I am not planning on doing group dances, a garter, boquet toss or anything like that... I think I will go check them out, but the venue told me yesterday their preferred vendor is SoundConnect, so I will call them also, and maybe try and meet with 1 other vendor from teh ones recommended above. Thanks everyone!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Sound Connection, and some of the DJs might be under 2k (we splurged, so I have no idea where the base is).

We also met with Elite in Eatontown and I had the same cheesy party gave vibe as PP mentioned. It just wasn't what we were looking for.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards