North Carolina-Outer Banks

Beach House?

So Im planning a 2011 wedding in the obx and was completely set on having the ceremony on the beach and have the reception back at the beach house. But Im having trouble picturing the house for the reception. I dont want it to feel like were having the reception in the living room. Does anyone have any pictures of their weddings and the set up they had for the reception? We were planning on having cocktail hour by the pool then dinner in the great room with some more tables and or dancing on the wrap around deck. I want it to be a littlle less casual since were having a casual bbq when we get back for all who couldnt attend. THank you!!!!

Re: Beach House?

• edited December 2011

I am having my wedding at the Grande Ritz Palm 8/29/10 if you would like to reach back out to me after that I will have pictures I could share with you.

jennifer.alford@cardinalhealth.com

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Hello!  Did you decide on a house yet?  Wasnt sure if you had gotten my last e-mail to you or not?  I am having a beach house reception as well and I too am figuring out how to setup everything so that it still feels like a wedding reception and not a casual get together.  I am pretty sure that we are going to rent a white tent so that everyone is together and it case it rains too!

Let me know about your beach house....excited to see if you were able to go ahead and pre-reserve!

• sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm ALSO having my wedding (10/15/11) on the beach and renting a large beach house to have the reception at. I'm in the same boat- not wanting the reception to feel too casual like a backyard BBQ. We are looking in Kitty Hawk/Kill Devil Hills areas. Let me know if you find any great resources!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards