Catholic Weddings
Options

It's Friday!

Hi ladies!

Hope everyone made it through the week ok. I am ready for the weekend. I hope H and I just relax and spend some time together tonight. Its been a busy week for both of us.

H has an interview on Monday and another on Tuesday. Please say a prayer for us that one or both of them result in an offer.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Re: It's Friday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I will definitely say a prayer for you and your husband, Missy.

I am, shockingly, also glad it's Friday. Tuesday was one of those epically bad days, and yesterday was really long with my doctor's appointment, etc. I have a million things to do before I leave work today, but I'm determined to make it happen.

I'm excited, because my birthday is next week. My bff and her hubby are coming to a celebratory dinner on Saturday to kick off the celebrations! I'm excited to make a fancy dinner for us all, but my H keeps feeling bad because he feels like he should be doing the cooking. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Missy - definitely prayers for your husband.  I know its been a trying time for you two.

H and I will be both be staying in Chicago this weekend for the first time.  I've been working on getting moved in, but there are things to do that need both of us - so I guess that's what we'll be doing.  And H will be finishing his part of the thank-you notes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy Friday!  Prayers going your way, Missy! 

I don't have a super exciting weekend planned.  FI is home for the weekend, though, so I'm just glad to see him!  I'm very excited for football on Sunday.  After winning last week, I hope the Bengals are super pumped and ready to beat Denver.  We'll see...

Biblio -- how did your doc appt go?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Prayers for you, Missy!

Very busy + very sick is never a good combination.  I'm finally feeling better and took today off for a friend's wedding.  I don't think it could have come at a better time.  

I had a sub lined up for my wedding, but he took a long-term job and had to cancel on me (don't blame him -- long-term jobs pay way better than just my seven days would have).  It's really hard to find science subs, though, so I was definitely stressed.  I finally found one, though!  So I can enjoy my minimoon without worrying what crazy things are going on (or aren't going on) in my classroom. =)
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy Friday to you all as well!  I will keep you and your husband in my prayers Missy.

It's a particularly good Friday for FI and I!  I work at a bank so I usually work Saturday mornings, but we are closed tomorow for a local festival.  Yay Saturday off!  We're using the time to move FI into the house we bought in July; we've been fixing it up and it's finally ready!!  WooHoo!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the prayers ladies. He will definitely need them.

It sounds like everyone is set to have a good weekend. I know I sure am. I can't wait until I get off at 4:45 pm.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Prayers going out to you, Missy.

FI has an interview this afternoon for another OOT contract job.  Better than nothing.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    KamakananiKamakanani member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sending prayers to you and your H, Missy.  

Hoping all went well at your Dr.'s appt yesterday, biblio.

As for me... it's kind of hard to believe it's already the weekend - it feels like the week just started.  Plans include fixing my desk and moving it into my room, as well as re-potting some of my plants from work.  We're moving from one end of the building to the other, so I figured now is as good a time as any to give my plants a little TLC.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

One thing to remember: The wedding is just one day. The marriage is all the rest of them.

April 2012 Siggy Challenge: Cake Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys. I posted an update in my prayer request thread. The appointment went ok. There are definitely one or more wonky things going on with my system, but we have a plan in place to work on figuring out what it is. The timing was perfect for doing some hormone level testing in office and to to a uterine ultrasound next week, to see if there is anything going on there.

As I said in that thread, I'm just glad to have a plan to actually diagnose and treat the situation, rather than throw BCPs at it or ignore it or what have you.

Yay for Friday. I hope all of your weekends are lovely.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Missy Sue and DebbieM - big prayers for your respective menfolks. Hope those jobs come through.

Bibliophile - additional prayers to you. Hope you get some answers soon. The known so often is better than the unknown...

I have a lovely weekend planned...my wedding shower is tomorrow, then Mass, then I'm headed up north to see my FI and the FSS. Sometime next week I have to get cracking on finishing my favors. Got some mums that FI and I are planning to put in hanging pots for folks who want to see the house during the reception. They smelled so good in my truck on the way home.

Had a busy and meaningful day at work today, and hopefully will meet with the new seamstress to get my dress finished. Things looked a lot better this morning...of course, I accidentally got an extra hour and a half of sleep because I overslept! So thank you for the cyber-Xanax and the common sense...it helped enormously.

Happy Friday!

Linda
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Firday!

I'm sending my prayers to your Hs and to you, biblio. 

H has plans for our 6 month.  I know because he is kind of really bad at hiding things.  He asked if I can get off of work on this specific date in a month and a half, he mentions our 6 month, and I found a can of French coffee in the pantry with beignet mix (we went to New Orleans for our honeymoon.)

H is not good at keeping surprises hidden but I love him.

We also have his/our friend's wedding tomorrow!  YAY!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Poor surprise planning aside, that is really sweet HandBanana!

I don't see a reason to start a weekend thread since it's usually slow, so I'll just keep talking here.

My H wrapped my birthday presents while I was at the doctor's the other day, and now it's like Christmas: presents staring at me that I don't get to open for days. Uggg. Growing up, my parents always put our birthday presents (and other holiday presents where we got little things) out the morning of, so they were waiting for us when we came to breakfast, so there was never that Christmas-type curiosity. I'm trying to get him to let me open one at our dinner party this evening.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards