Registry and Gift Forum

What do you think about Kohls?

Did anyone register at Kohls? How was their customer service/completion program/etc.?

Re: What do you think about Kohls?

• Good question! I'm thinking of registering at Kohls.  I love that place!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The only problem I see with registering at Kohls, is the selection. It's pretty slim. But I'm sure it will be great for your guests because everything is always on sale!
  • I did a small registery per my families request (My aunt works there and everyone has charge cards) It was not hard as they had at least 20 good items FI and I love. Not sure how it works at check out but the online stuff was easy.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had a horrible experience with Kohls.  If someone buys an item online off of your registry it automatically get sent to your address. There is no other shipping option. Some of my guests complained about this.  When I called an asked about it I was told "that's the way it's done- if your guests don't like it they can go to the store". They were so rude I deleted my registry.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Like every other big box store, there are going to be customer service issues. I registered there because I really loved their kitchen items (Fiesta and Food Network). I haven't had a shower yet or gotten married, so I can't help you out regarding completion discounts. 

They often have sales and give you little 15% off coupons for your guests (which I REALLY appreciated when I was a guest shopping). Plus, the Kohl's cash program is pretty great if you use a Kohl's charge to complete your registry later on. For me, the possible troubles outweigh the benefits. 
  • Yeah it depends on what you want.  I want fiesta, and they have a pretty good selection - not a huge one in-store, but plenty when you add the online options as well.  A kohl's just opened in my hometown about a month ago, so I'm probably going to register for fiesta there instead of Macy's.  Their registry is sort of ugly... I can't describe it any other way... but I really like the 15% coupon for guests, and the completion discount is supposed to be 15% also.  If you want fiesta or food network stuff I think it's a great option for guests.  People tend to really like to shop there, and the kohl's cash thing can allow them to either spend less or spend the same amount and get you something "bigger."  

Plus fiestaware (if that's what you're interested in) is VERY popular among guests - people really like knowing that they got you the orange place settings, or the purple, or whatever.  All of my friends who register for it tend to get almost all of it because people think it's fun.  Personally I like it because it's high quality, they make serving pieces of every shape and size, it's made in the USA, and the colors can rotate seasonally.  Other than fiesta, however, kohl's doesn't carry a huge selection, like PP said.  They have some corsica and they do have some food network stuff which people tend to love or hate.  They also have a small seleciton of appliances - at least one of every kind you could want, but not a huge variety.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used Kohl's and had no complaints.  I love that store.  Not only do they constantly have coupons and sales out the wazoo, but you can use several coupons all at once, even on sale/clearance items.  We were able to get several items off our registry after the wedding for really cheap.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • I've registered at Kohl's and actually used to work there. I agree that their selection can be kind of slim depending on what you're looking for but if you add another place or two (I did BBB and a small online registry in addition to Kohl's) you should be covered pretty well. My FI and I aren't very "fancy" and my family often registers at Kohl's and BBB so I know they will be comfortable shopping at those places. I wasn't even going to register for fine china but his side is a little more fancy I'd say and his aunt asked for my china pattern so I picked one out at Macy's (that's one of the things you def don't find at Kohl's). I worked at the CS desk there and know A LOT about how Kohls runs and I could give pointers on how to save money there all day long but I'll spare you:) Aside from the sales, they also have the BEST return policy. They will seriously take anything back, even if its been over a year, as long as they (or you) can find a UPC for it. That's one of the reasons I've registered for my towels there because I know how many issues towels can have and you can replace them at Kohls without any hassle (although I really hope I don't have to!) I do think that the online shipping thing is rather well, stupid for lack of a better word and I'm sorry that you had to deal with that Hoboken:(
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • I had a Kohl's registry, and ended up getting rid of it.  Mainly because I just couldn't find enough stuff to put on there.  I switched it to BBB, both send out a lot of coupons, but BBB just has more things that we actually need.  Plus, I feel like so many things at Kohl's are very seasonal.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards