Arizona-Phoenix

Cake suggestions?

Who are people using for their cakes and how much per person are you spending (if you don't mind telling)? Did you get fondant? An elaborate design?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: Cake suggestions?

• edited December 2011
    We used Piece of Cake in Mesa, and really can't say enough good about them.  They were awesome all around!

There's pics on my photographers website...  ours was pretty elaborate/interesting.  It was the thing people ended up talking about most after the wedding actually!

http://www.mmproofs.com/p625325908/e2fa4e6e

PoC has their pricing on the site - http://www.pieceofcakedesserts.com/pricing.html

I think ours ended up around $6 or $7 per serving, just because we went so crazy with the design.  It was so far beyond worth it!
    Photobucket

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We have a tasting set up with POC in November, but they are going to charge a delivery fee because our venue is well outside their normal delivery range. Your cake is beautiful!

• blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Andrea from Sedona Cake Couture, she is amazing. We are doing a beautiful over the top design for 170 people and I believe it is $2400. Totally worth it if it is in your budget.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_cake-suggestions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:81f36e92-0b54-4165-8dc5-94a6aaf26f62Post:cb6d10a2-2464-408c-a254-3a7c971d35a5">Re: Cake suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using Andrea from Sedona Cake Couture, she is amazing. We are doing a beautiful over the top design for 170 people and I believe it is $2400. Totally worth it if it is in your budget.
    Posted by blue1981[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks, but we're hoping to spend about 1/3 of that.</div>

• edited December 2011
    I am using Jay at Kick Ass KaKes
    http://www.kickasskakes.com/
    He is desinging a 4 tier cake for us, and has kept the $$ on the low side. 

He has been really easy and fun to work with and does amazing work!
    Being weird is an asset! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sugarlips on Guadalupe and Dobson does amazing work. Their cakes are delicious and beautiful. They made the cake my fiance used to propose (the one in my siggy). It was made to look like my engagement ring.

http://sugarlipscakery.com/

Their prices are also really good. $3.50 a slice for buttercream or whipcream icing and $4 a slice for fondant.

I am having them make 150 cupakes ($2.50-$3 a cupcake) and a small cake for us to cut.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • brittandjpbrittandjp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I've mentioned this to you before tiger, however, I second the Piece of Cake recommendation. They're cake was delicious (which is a lot for me to say since I'm really not much of a cake fan) and I'm so excited to see the final product with all of our ideas.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Fleur de Lis Unforgettable Cakes (they have a fb page w/pics)... Not sure of the price because it was included in our package, but the tasting was delicious! My FI hates cake and couldn't get enough of theirs. We're not doing fondant because it has gelatin in it. We decided to go for a whipped icing because the buttercream will be too heavy after a buffet dinner and candy bar. Good luck on your search!
  • edited December 2011
    We used La Dolce Pesca and it was the most amazing tasting cake EVER!  Pics in my bio.  I think we spent about $4.25/person.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_cake-suggestions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:81f36e92-0b54-4165-8dc5-94a6aaf26f62Post:53ed6004-567f-4af5-b838-64f430f68fef">Re: Cake suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have a tasting set up with POC in November, but they are going to charge a delivery fee because our venue is well outside their normal delivery range. Your cake is beautiful!
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think we had a delivery fee as well...  but it was lower than most of the other places we had tastings at.  We did about 6 tastings all together, and PoC blew every single one of them away on all fronts.
    Photobucket

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• edited December 2011
    I ended up going with CC's Sweet Sensations - they're in Phoenix, but they're not charging me a delivery fee (my venue is in Gilbert) and they were way cheap.  My cake is pretty simple though - 3 tiers and just buttercream frosting with blue/silver ribbons around it. We're providing the topper, which they will put on for us the day of. We're also renting the cake stand from them. Total price ended up being about $400.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • jessjones1989jessjones1989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let Them Eat Cake is AMAZING!  I'd definitely give them a look!
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone!

Syndelin - I'll definitely keep the tasting appointment w/ POC then. 

I'm also working on scheduling one with KAK and CCs... How many tasting appointments did everyone else go on before they chose one?

• edited December 2011
    Not sure where your wedding is, but I found a diamond in the rough when i found my cake lady on Craigslist.  She is doing my cake, exactly like the picture I picked out, 3 layers, 3 different flavors, with the ribbon and rhinestone bows, all to feed 60-70 people for under $250.  She is amazing, her cake is amazing, she makes adorale little cupcakes for you to take home and taste.  I am 100% confident in her abilities and is just as cute a button.  i have her info in the vendor section of my website if you want to contact her!  She is Angie of Sweet Tooth Bakery.
  • edited December 2011
    We went to two tastings before choosing our cake flavors, but KAK's first design presentation was soooo right on for what we wanted in our cake.  It's like he read my mind!!! Scary cool.
    Being weird is an asset! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Cake Contessa is AMAZING! They are doing our everything. I can't remember exactly how much it was per person on the cake but here is the website.

http://www.thecakecontessa.com/

I hope this helps!!
  • blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used CC's Sweet Sensations for my birthday cake and while they did a good job on the look of the cake, the cake did not taste very good:(
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with Graceful Cake Creations in Mesa... Delicious cake & she is super talented!
  • Stanley701Stanley701 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Robert's Catering has the best cakes! The did ours for our October 1st wedding. 3 flavors, all amazing.
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Piece of Cake did ours and it was WONDERFUL! We chose not to do fondant, and had a fairly simple design, so it was pretty reasonably priced. I loved it! (And can't wait for our free anniversary tier.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards