African American Weddings

Is there a "MUST HAVE/TAKE" picture list???

Evening and Weekend AAW Brides!!

Yeah, yeah I know I know - it's been a hot minute since I've posted to the AAW board but y'all know the drill ME NO LIKEY THE NEW BOARD FORMAT and A CHICA'S JUST MUCHO BUSY NOW...hahaha.  Oh before I begin with my inquiry, a big hello to all the newbies to the AAW board, I'm an old head like The Cat, MrClintonsbride09, Off, Brobin, Mypasitma and some others I mostly lurk but I do comment every now and then.  If you wanna know about my old butt, just check out my bio that's hidden somewhere under my board name cuz yall know The Knot hi-jacked that mug and put it where, back there...LOL!

ok so on to bidness...LOL!...I've posted this question on my local board and thought I would ask you ladies as well - is there a "must have/take picture" list that you'll provide to your photog(s) so that you don't forget about a certain pose during the day of the wedding?  The reason why I'm asking is because I think with all the excitement of the wedding day, there will be a lot that can go missing regarding your pics and if you had a "list" to give to your photog(s) at least you know for sure all of your pics were captured.  

So if someone can point me in the right direction that would be splendid.

TIA! Wink

Re: Is there a "MUST HAVE/TAKE" picture list???

• mnm729mnm729 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Here's one that I found on Real Simple.  It's pretty comprehensive. 

http://www.realsimple.com/holidays-entertaining/weddings/ceremony/must-have-wedding-photos-00000000000226/

HTH!
    Melissa

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome!   Thx Melissa!!  Wink
  • edited December 2011
    I sure did give my photographer my "must have" list for wedding day! He actually asked before I even pulled my list out. He appreciated the list and put a copy with my contract and also requested I send him another copy by email. I have no time for woulda shoulda. I have some diy projects and want them to be captured definetly.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• edited December 2011
    Hey AlF!!! Thank you Melissa for that awesome list! I got to give mines one!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's up Alf!  My fellow True Blood buddy! LOL!  I'm all about the Must Take Photo list.  I was going to create my own, but I guess I'll just use the one that Melissa posted from Real Simple.  Thanks girl!  A former AAW knottie posted something on my local board about a must take photo list, and they made such a big stink about it, and how it was unnecessary, I was like you all are crazy.  I would think that a photographer would appreciate that.
  • OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back alf!  And thanks for bringing this up.  I have yet to think about my must take list.  Will this things to do list never end?!?!? 

Thanks MNM for the link!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm one of the newbies to the board!  Welcome back!

Thanks Melissa for this list... I was just starting to realize I totally need to make one up too!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Melissa - the photo list is perfect!  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    TamTam - hey chica!!!...I cannot believe why your local board would get all upset about having a "must take" list for your photog...to me it makes perfect sense cuz that day will be so exciting and stressful (as in we as brides want it to go as smooth as can be) and the last thing on your mind will be what pics should be taken...so I'm like you, I don't see a problem with having it to present to a photog...and BTW chica - the rerun of Season 2 for True Blood will start up March 21st and Season 3 will come this Summer (I'll give you spoilers via PM once Season 3 starts - PROMISE...LOL!)

mahoganieyes - **scream** girl you are crazy...and I aint mad at you either for pulling out that list for your photog, hence the reason why I'm asking y'all for it...LOL!

OFF - girl don't have me come back to this board and take my ruler out on your knees cuz you forgot about a "must have" list for your fabulous pics...LOL!Wink

YasJas2011 - ***waving my chicken arms @ you***  HEYYYYY CHICA!!!

Kikibird - hey lady, hope your wedding plans are going smoothly; this is a great board and you'll learn alot and  get some great tips; which I'm sure you already know by now.Smile

Thanks again ladies for your input....have a great week!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards