California-Orange County

Make up artist

Anyone have a good recomendation for a make up artist? I'm looking for someone who would come to where we are getting ready, which will probably be Mission Viejo or Laguna Niguel.
Thanks!!

Re: Make up artist

• ms.ritaliums.ritaliu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sure not a problem! thanks!! :)
    ~Rita
  • edited December 2011
    I too am interested in a make up artist that will come to Mission Viejo to do make up! Thanks for posting! Hopefully there will be some suggestions/recommendations! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I could give you the number to my girl. she has done many brides and many magazine photo shoots. Send me a private message and I can give you her number.
  • edited December 2011
    Rubi is GREAT - she has great reviews on project wedding as well. She is doing my make for my wedding, she also did my makeup for my engagement pictures.  She does travel so she will come to where you are.
    http://www.makeupbyrubi.com/about.html
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had an amazingly talented makeup artist named Tamara.  She's based out of San Clemente and came to me at my ceremony location.  She was awesome!  I don't normally wear makeup and she did an amazing job of keeping me feeling like ME while still dressing me up for my special day.

I don't have her phone number or email with me, but will post them when I get them at home.
    TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • Tygerlily22Tygerlily22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Natalie Buketov on Project Wedding.  Does makeup and hair and a free trial run.  ILove her!

www.nataliebmakeupandhair.com
    natalie@nataliebmakeupandhair.com
  • edited December 2011
    I used Tamara Walrod.  As I said above, she was wonderful!

(949)290-2870
    twalrod@cox.net
    TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • edited December 2011
    I have an excellent girl! Her name is Regina and I will find her information for you. She did my sisters makeup for her wedding and it was GORGEOUS!!! She is doing mine in October and she works for MAC.....

my email address is jennimelville@yahoo.com, shoot me an email to remind me and I will find the info....sorry, I don't have it with me.
  • edited December 2011
    Natalie Buketov called me the morning of my wedding 10 minutes before she was supposed to start and said she was sick. Although she refunded my deposit, I do not recommend hiring her. I wouldn't wish that stress on anyone!!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HBHoneymooners, you should mention that Natalie had H1N1 and that she found you a replacement in time to perform all your services.  What a mean post! 
  • KristinJoyKristinJoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have to hire Kacee Geoffroy! She's incredible and such a sweet gal.

http://www.kaceegeoffroy.com/index2.php
  • edited December 2011
    Tygerlily22, unfortunately Natalie did not find me a replacement in time for my wedding. She called me and told me that she left messages with several salons in my area and hopefully one of them would be able to get me in when they opened. Obviously I couldn't wait until 10 to see if someone could fit me it. I found someone myself but she only had time to do my hair and makeup, my mom's makeup, and one bridesmaid's hair. Most of my girls had to do their own hair and makeup. My post wasn't mean in any way. It was entirely honest.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HBHoneymooners -  Natalie actually provided you a back up artist, but you refused them and tried to find an artist yourself.  IMO you should not post to vent and blame vendors for your own poor choices.
  • edited December 2011
    Tigerlily AKA Natalie Buketov, you should not harass former clients on message boards that were created for brides.

You did not find me a replacement before I was able to find one myself. Trust me, if you had called me and told me a replacement was on the way, I would not have had one negative thing to say about you. Unfortunately, you told me that you had left messages with lots of local salons and hopefully someone would be able to get me in. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HBHoneymooners, can you please post your email so that we may discuss this privately?  IIMO you are beginning to sound hysterical and venting is not what these boards are intended for. 
  • edited December 2011
    Tigerlily AKA (Also Known As) Natalie Buketov, you already have my email address. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

HB, why don't you contact me off-board so that these ladies don't have to be part of your rants.  We know you have an ax to grind against Natalie and we know why.  The MUA got sick and couldn't come to your wedding.  Enough already..

tygerlily22@gmail.com
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HBHoneymooners - you also failed to mention that Natalie paid the extra fees that your replacement artist charged, including travel, which were more expensive than Natalie's fees.  AND that you tried to over-bill her for services that were not performed.  I work in consumer advocacy and I do my homework. My research revealed that you tried to scam Natalie.  I recommend that no one on these boards heed your so called advice because, IIMO, they are coming from an obviously dimented  POV.  Again, IMO, what a mean and misleading poster you are.  Knotties want full disclosure and truthful reviews that they can rely on for their own weddings. It makes me wonder what you have to gain for spreading such one-sided information.  Did you think we would not find out?
  • edited December 2011
    Natalie,

How dare you say that I tried to scam you? You already threatened to sue me for slander for this post. If you don't stop your lies, I will take you to court.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cough, cough, sneeze, sneeze!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards