Illinois-Chicago

Married Knotties--any advice for what to have the day of?

Or anyone else who has insight...I am 9 (ahhh!) days from my wedding and trying to tie up loose ends.  I am trying to compile a list of things that I/my bridesmaids might want to have with us the day of the wedding...so far I have gum/mints, a list of all vendors with phone numbers, the timeline from my DOC, and that's about it!  Anything you can recommend that came in handy that day or that you wish you had with you on the wedding day?  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Married Knotties--any advice for what to have the day of?

• barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    your DOC should have a bunch of stuff for you "just in case" but you'll want a lint roller, perfume, spray deodorant, clear nail polish, extra batteries for a camera.... 
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto plus a small sewing kit. Your DOC should have one, but maybe you should confirm with her. One of the strings on my bustle snapped, so my bridesmaids had to get creative :)

And aspirin.
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh so exciting!!

besides the things that were already mentioned--water bottles, bobby pins, a sheet (I know this sounds weird, but it rained on my wedding day so we brought an old sheet to put on the ground so my dress wouldn't get all wet/muddy), flats if your shoes aren't already flat (I bought those rolly ones to wear to dance in), your lip gloss/stick, baby powder (I um, sweat a lot?), tissues
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yep, adding on: Band-aids in case of blisters, floss, toothbrush/paste, kleenex

Along with vendors- make a list of all phone numbers for people associated with wedding to give to DOC (i.e. parents, wedding party, fg/rb's parents, etc).  That way is someone is running behind, DOC can call them and you don't have to.

Ipod/music for getting ready/to calm your nerves
  • edited December 2011
    Wet wipes.  I would have had huge black marks on my dress BEFORE the ceremony if my bridesmaid hadn't had wet wipes to wipe off the gross dirt on my hands from holding the railing in our trolley!! 

Life saver!

image **Married 7/9/11**
  • fashionxfashionx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't need it, but I got a Tide pen just in case I got a stain, and kept that in my purse. It made me feel better having it around. Also aspirin. I wish I would've bought a bottle of the nail polish that I had my nails done in, because I got a nick in one of my nails, not too bad, I doubt anyone noticed, but I knew it was there and would've liked to fix it.

Oh and make sure you bring a pen to fill out the marriage certificate. I'm glad I did because our pastor didn't have one.
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this board!  Thanks everyone, I am making a list! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Easy, non-messy snack such as granola bar.  Saltines and 7 Up for queasy or nervous stomachs. 

We were particularly "anal" and so worried about dress stains getting in and out of the car that we bought inexpensive, clear shower liners.  One was to sit on in the car to avoid wrinkles.  The other was to drape over the car jambs to avoid any oil or dirt stains getting in and out of the car.

Contact solution/eye drops.  Small mirror.  Large umbrellas (if weather forecast predicts weather).  Brush/comb/hairspray.

I guess alot depends on how long you may be out and about taking photos and away from the DOC and other people/resources.  Two sided sticky tape was a lifesaver for us. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards