Texas-San Antonio

Wedding Cake Reccommendations

Hi Ladies! 

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!  The time has come for me to begin my search for a bakery!  I have a number one pick that I sampled at a convention last summer but I don't just want to jump at the first one I find. 

Thanks!!  I'm so excited, 5 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days until I'm married!!!

Re: Wedding Cake Reccommendations

• edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Bettyjane's Bakeshoppe. 
    Anniversary
  • kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Ultimate Cheesecake Bakery!  My fiancee wants cheesecake for his grooms cake.  Their cakes are amazing too, and when you go to sample they give you lots of different choices and combinations.  Bakery hunting is one of the best parts of planning, enjoy!
  • DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Seventh Heaven Cakes. She's a pleasure to work with and she is making our cake from my own hand drawn design!
  • edited December 2011
    Picking out the design is so difficult!  I can't decide on anything I see, lol!
  • DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think I'm too picky, but I hadn't seen anything that I fell in love with, or even really liked a lot. So one day, I just sat down and sketched something out without trying to focus too hard and voila! There it was!

After I showed FI, I started second guessing using my own pic, but he liked it so much he won't let me change anything about it! lol

I spent a ton of time on Google looking at cakes. Just use your wedding colors (for example: red and white wedding cake) and you'll get so many pics. I saved the best ones to my computer, then I would compare them.

I know to some, the cake isn't a super big deal, but it is to me! It's my favorite part of a wedding, so I wanted to make mine as awesome as I could!
  • txcyclisttxcyclist member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Creations Cakes in Pleasanton. By far the best and the cheapest!!
  • edited December 2011
    Second Creations Cakes!! They have awesome cakes and well worth the drive out there. Susie Martinez rocks!
  • edited December 2011
    We are definitely using Creations Cakes!  They have been my number one pick since I first sampled them last summer at a wedding fair.  The second wedding fair I went to I raced around to find them since I LOVED their cake.  I just wanted to see if anyone else had good things to say about other places as well, just in case they are booked or something. 

I just called yesterday to schedule an appt with Susie!  I can't wait!  This is going to be one of my favorite parts of weddings planning :) 
  • edited December 2011
    Williams Confectionary... Andrea is AWESOME!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards