Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Affordable Hair & Makeup in the Dallas area?

Hi Gals! I'd like to get my hair and makeup done for my wedding next year, but I'm finding the prices (along with the prices of anything wedding-related, really) to be much more than I thought! Do you guys have any recommendations? I was hoping to spend around $120 for both, is this unrealistic?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Affordable Hair & Makeup in the Dallas area?

• edited December 2011
    If you don't mind moving around, my advice would be to go with separate vendors for this.  MAC does makeup with a $50 product purchase, and just recently I got my hair done for a wedding at a place called Visible Changes in Collin Creek Mall for $40.  They did a great job!

Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone who does bridal hair and makeup together for your budget.  That doesn't mean that person doesn't exist, though!
    Anniversary

• PorushsaltaPorushsalta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I actually get my haircuts from a lady at Visible Changes in Collin Creek; I will look into this!

What do you guys think is the lowest I can pay for someone to do both my hair and makeup, and still have it look amazing? I'd prefer to have someone be on site but I am open to ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might look into Haute Facade.  Hair and makeup is $139 (but they do not do airbrushed makeup).  Also they will travel to you if in the metroplex.  This is the lowest I know of for both hair and makeup.  Anyone doing airbrushed makeup is more expensive.

http://www.hautefacade.com/
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Stephie! I'll look into that also.

What does everyone think about airbrushed makeup? I know I'll be crying buckets on my wedding day, I tear up at the drop of a hat :/ Do you think I should go with airbrushed since I have this problem?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you pm me I'll give you the name of the lady who did my make up. It was a little over your budget though. That was in June so her prices could have gone up since then. She was great to work with :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_affordable-hair-makeup-dallas-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6d756796-1844-48f7-84f8-00d58fc2ef97Post:34a886d1-3f13-458d-aa2b-0dcb615511be">Re: Affordable Hair & Makeup in the Dallas area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you! I actually get my haircuts from a lady at Visible Changes in Collin Creek; I will look into this! What do you guys think is the lowest I can pay for someone to do both my hair and makeup, and still have it look amazing? I'd prefer to have someone be on site but I am open to ideas!
    Posted by Porushsalta[/QUOTE]

You might check with your normal stylist.  I know that mine offered to come do my hair for $80, but she doesn't really like doing weddings and wasn't confident she could get me, my mom, and my bridesmaids in the timeframe we had.  She was also going to recommend makeup for me, but I found a hair + makeup artist on this board.
    Anniversary

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_affordable-hair-makeup-dallas-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6d756796-1844-48f7-84f8-00d58fc2ef97Post:33f6ca91-05ea-4626-b43f-c0b96c3c9e4d">Re: Affordable Hair & Makeup in the Dallas area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Stephie! I'll look into that also.   What does everyone think about airbrushed makeup? I know I'll be crying buckets on my wedding day, I tear up at the drop of a hat :/ Do you think I should go with airbrushed since I have this problem?
    Posted by Porushsalta[/QUOTE]

I much prefer airbrush makeup but some girls prefer regular.  To decide which you prefer, you would need to do a trial which is another cost.  Airbrushed makeup alone is going to run you around $110 so you might want to take that into consideration.
  • Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check with salons that do hair and makeup. As long as you aren't doing anything complicated with your hair you should be able to make your budet work. Also, you may not be able to afford to do trials with this budget. But, a lot of people don't do them--Just make sure you're really comfortable with who you pick.
  • laurencstelaurencste member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michelle at Avalon Salon in Snider Plaza was $135 for hair and makeup.  She costs the same for a trial, but you don't have to do a trial (honestly she was so great at my trial I would recommend her without one!).  On location is double so you'd have to go into the salon, but she was so fabulous and my makeup and hair were flawless from 2:45 pm until after midnight!  She did not use airbrush and I cried, but it worked out fine.  I also brought in my own false eyelashes which she applied.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto the rec to check with your usual salon (or your friend's salon, or just a nearby salon...). For my e-pics, I found a nearby hair salon that did airbrush makeup for $50. Hair was about $60. I did have to go to the salon, though.

For my wedding, my MIL's regular hairstylist traveled 1.5 hours from the small town where she lives/works to my wedding venue. She did my airbrush makeup and hair for (if I recall correctly) less than your price point. Granted, she was brand-new to airbrushing (I was one of her first clients to use it on) but I was confident in her abilities (and had a trial with her) and it was great. I'm on the FW side of things, and she's even further away, but I think you can find someone else at a local salon near you for a deal.

I love airbrushed makeup. I don't wear foundation because my skin is so dry -- it just never looks good. But the airbrush stuff really worked. I couldn't even feel it once it was applied. And, after several hours outside in the heat taking pictures, the curls in my hair were wilting, but my makeup was still perfect.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You guys are so awesome! Thank you all, you've given me some great starting points :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Ishnaebeauty.com check it out maybe this could be useful. They charge 120 for both hair and makeup but sorry no airbrush. This is the cheapest I found havent gone to get my trial run yet but hopefully goes well. Good luck to you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards