Missouri-Kansas City

Vendors.....

Who did you choose for the following vendor and what made you pick them over everyone else?
Cake
Flowers
Photographer

Re: Vendors.....

• kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cake: Andrea from Classic Cakes.  I went to 4 other cake tastings and no one made flavors quite like her.  Plus, her buttercream isn't quite as sugary and shocking as others can be.  I'm so excited to get something different and suprise my guests with something other than vanilla and chocolate!
    Flowers: Monarch Flowers.  Kelly was kinda kooky and so easy to talk to.  She seemed to really listen to me and is staying within my budget but giving me exactly what I want at the same time.
    Photographer: This was the hardest choice for me!  I ended up choosing           C. Lynne Productions because their package offered everything I wanted.  They were a little over my budget, but after seeing their photos and albums I knew it would be worth it!
  • nikkifeenikkifee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cake - We are doing cupcakes instead of wedding cake, and we are using cupcake construction... we picked them because they offer a cupcake bar... YES PLEASE!! hahaha. And their cupcakes are sooo good.

Flowers - Using Englewood Florist in Lawrence, KS mainly because they are in lawrence where our wedding will be, and because they were the cheapest I found (for the quality that is).

Photographer - Melissa Lin Ellis, can't explain it, but there is just something about her pictures that I just love, she was so willing to work with us in our budget, and she was so fun to work with during the engagement session
  • edited December 2011
    Cake: Rebekah Foster. She makes an amazing cake in such yummy flavors! It was sweet without being too overwhelming. Plus she offered more variety of flavors than other places I looked. 
    Flowers: Amy from Victorian Gardens. She makes beautiful arrangements. She can do simple if you want or modern if that's your taste. She's also great at sticking to budget, she was giving me so many ideas to give me what I wanted. 
    Photographer:
     Sara Tafoya. I know her personally and it was an obvious choice for me. She has a photojournalistic style that I love! 
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Cake-Family Friend
    Flowers-Doing myself, getting the flowers from Costco
    Photographer-JIM POWERS! I loved his simple and real style plus his package was the best value with the most options! jimbobp.com

our engagement session was a week ago and our pictures are on our wedding site:
    www.theknot.com/ourwedding/johnmcfarlane&moniquewilkins
  • edited December 2011
    Cake: Hy-Vee - we have had their cake multiple times and each time we loved it plus we got a discount since they are doing the food too.
    Flowers: The Flower Girl - Erica Smail.  LOVED HER from the moment I met her.  She has great designs and is very affordable and easy to work with.  She did a friends wedding too and it turned out great. 
    Photographer:
     Sarah Dickerson Photography - first photographer we met with and we both looked her artistic style that we didn't meet with anyone else.  Her package was perfect for us and we are getting everything we wanted for a great prices.  Her pictures are AMAZING!! 
  • edited December 2011
    Cake
    I used Kristin Lynch as my cake person.  She's a friend of a friend who makes cakes as a side job.  She was very open to all of my ideas and had a lot of great suggestions!  Mainly, her prices were better than two other bakers I met with.  The cake turned out better than I could have hoped and the taste was phenomenal--even two weeks later after returning from our honeymoon!

Flowers
    I used Linda Baca with A Floral Affair.  Her prices were the best and I felt like we got a lot for what we payed.

Photographer
    We used Chris Bendet with Bendet Photography.  He was very friendly during our initial phone conversation and I loved his style of pictures.  Our package wasn't cheap, but at the same time I felt like we got a lot for what we payed (engagement session, guestbook, 7+ hours and umlimited on-location photos, CD with copyright to all photos, DVD slideshow, wedding album).  Our photos turned out amazing and in the end, it was worth every penny!!
    Sarah & Craig
    My Planning Bio: http://sarahandcraig.weebly.com/
    My Married Bio: http://craigandsarahsides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Cake-  Sugar mamma's
    We are doing cupcakes, and hers were better then the others we tried and cheaper.  Also, she delivers on sundays which we couldn't have found else where

D'agee flowers-closest flower place to our venue.  We were going to go with Hyvee, but she as similarly priced and actually gave me suggestions

Sarah dickerson-  I loved her work.  I found her in a listing of people that were going to be at a bridal show (even though i didn't go to the show).  She was super organized and had like six backup plans...i'm glad i booked her when i did...i couldn't afford her new prices.  we are paying 2000 for our wedding and she is now over 3000 for the same package
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cake - Dragonfly Bakery. We met with a couple different bakeries, and they were the first to take our inspiration picture and really make it "ours." They also had wonderfully delish flavors that I hadn't seen elsewhere.

Flowers - Bella Design Studio. Her pictures really inspired us, and we got a sense she understood our modern/quirky look that we were going for.

Photographer - Dolce Bella Photography. This was a place where we didn't have a ton of money to spend, and everyone out there was majorly expensive. When we met Tiffany we clicked, and since she is new to the business, we got a great deal.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Cake- Just Cakes
    She showed a variety of capabilities on her website (which doesn't do her work justice).  She had a ton of experience, the cakes were delicious, and she really got what we wanted.  She even helped us think about ways to decorate the cake table that would make it look great.  All in all, she was the most creative and willing to work with what we wanted, and she came in way under budget.

Flowers- Bella Flora
    Dorena was another person that I chose because I had a good feeling about her.  She understood that I didn't know much about flowers, and she was happy to look at some pictures and come up with something that had a similar look.  Plus, she prides herself on charging substantially less than brick and mortar stores.  I ended up with roses and mini cala lillies, which I never would have thought of (or thought I could afford).

Photographer- Jim Powers
    It was most important to me to have a photographer that I felt comfortable talking and working with.  I wanted soeone that would listen to my ideas and come up with a style unique to us.  It was difficult to find a person willing to adapt their style as a photographer to suit my preferences, but Jim seemed to be willing to do it.  Looking through his work, I saw he was capable of different styles of photography, from traditional to photojournalistic.  I was also just really at ease when we spoke and met before we hired him, and our engagement session sealed the deal.  He was fun to work with and took the mix of different kinds of pictures that I wanted.
  • edited December 2011
    Cake- we are still shopping in this area.  We are planning on having a dessert bar with cake/cupcakes, pastries, cookies, etc. and are looking for a baker who can accommodate this. 

*Dazed2confused-what are your baker's prices like?

Flowers-afloral.com and my mom's amazing arrangement skills.  I bought the flowers on closeout-about 500 stems for $75.  I think I will end up getting my bridesmaids real bouquets and putting them together the day before with some help from my mom.  My bouquet is an arrangement of antique jewlery and funky drawer pulls

Photographer- Jim Powers here too! We liked his style and his ability to adapt-plus he is so easy to get along with and talk to.  I feel like we are going to get exactly what we want in a price range we were comfortable with.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • meme40meme40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well my cake: am going with Price chopper because the girl knows what i am wanting and the price is sooooo good.
    flowers: me and my maid of honor are doing them.
    photographer: s April Wedge from Family Tree Photographs in Mountain Grove,mo, she did  a friends wedding pics and they where very good she is also gonna do my sons grads pictures too.
  • edited December 2011
    Cake: The Bridal Kitchen.  The owner was best friends with FI's late grandmother and her cakes are soooo tasty!  

Flowers: Stems Studio.  The owner is yet another connection to FI, he knows her from the other business she owns which is a cleaning company.  She used to clean the building he works in at night and he works the night shift so they became close.  Here arrangements are phenomenal and the first flowers FI gave me were one of her arrangements.

Photographer: Gregg Hejna.  He's actually another connection (I guess I have a lot), I have known him since we moved to KC when I was 5.  His daughter and I grew up together and I worked at his studio when I was in high school.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards