Indiana

marriage license

I was wondering do both you and FI have to go to get it? Or can just you go and take his paperwork there?

Re: marriage license

• twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe both of you have to get it together, but I'm not totally positive.  We are going to get ours in Mid May, but I see you're getting married in 10 days!!  Holy crap that's soon!!  Congrats and good luck!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think you both have to go, but call your county clerk's office to be sure. H and I both went because we had to show our DLs and birth certificates and then fill out the license application.
  • edited December 2011
    You both have to go and you have to go to the county you are going to live in!!! Better go soon tho 10 days!!! Congrats
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_marriage-license-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:97Discussion:5ed79d8c-80f0-40dc-b05a-56ebffc1d9caPost:a3aaeb60-8353-411e-8680-4ae1df3008e1">Re: marriage license</a>:
    [QUOTE]You both have to go and you have to go to the county you are going to live in!!! Better go soon tho 10 days!!! Congrats
    Posted by diehld@uindy.edu[/QUOTE]
    I think it's supposed to be from the county you are getting married in, not necessarily where you live.
  • cwallis85cwallis85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am pretty sure that it is where you are getting married.  I live in Illinois, but we are getting married in Goshen, IN and I don't think it would be valid if we got it from Illinois...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards