Honeymoon Discussions

Lake Placid

We are going to Lake Placid for our honeymoon in mid September.  We know we would like to do some outdoor activities (hiking, kayaking) and visit the Olympic Center.  Any other recommendations for things to do or good places to eat?
09.10 Siggy Challenge
PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!

Re: Lake Placid

• Where are you staying?  There is a really nice resort/restaurant called the Mirror Lake Inn. It would be worth going for a really nice dinner or even just to sit at the bar and have a glass of wine.

Also, there is a great brewery right in town - forgot the name but you will see it in the brochures.  I also recently read that Whiteface resort has a great restaurant.

• We're staying at the Crowne Plaza.

Yes, we're definitely going to the breweries.  I believe there are two of them.

We'll have to check out the Mirror Lake Inn restaurant. Thanks!
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!
  • Ubu is the brewery, you will find plenty of great little restaraunts and shops by walking down the main street. Saranac Lake is also close by, you could spend a day there,there are some great hiking trails in the area and many places where you could rent canoes/kayaks and paddle the lakes/rivers enjoying the outdoors. Depending on how motivated you feel, and how the foliage looks, you should try a day hike up Mt. Ampersand, it is a moderately difficult but managable hike with some of the best views from the summit.
  • The brewery is actually called Lake Placid Brewery, their most popular beer is called Ubu. :)  It's mine and my fiance's favorite place in Placid.  We are getting married in Lake Placid next spring.  The Ausable RIver gorge is a really nice place to hike.  John Brown's Farm is pretty and interesting if you are into Civil War History.  Mirror Lake Inn can be pricey but good.  Right on Main St is Adirondack Steak and Seafood (that's your other brewery location too).  They have great food and comparable prices.  Happy Honeymooning!  Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards