Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Cakes On a Budget-PLEASE HELP!!

I posted a comment yesterday about this and can not find original post...I am looking for recommendations for a budget friendly bakery/cake designer in the Akron-Canton area? PLEASE HELP!!?

Re: Cakes On a Budget-PLEASE HELP!!

• Options
    Cakes by Christina in Kent. She gets booked pretty early though
  • Options
    July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Not quite Akron/Canton, but check Michael Angelo's bakery in Broadview Heights.  They aren't cheap cheap, but I think they are about $3/slice for simple cakes which is a lot cheaper than some of the super fancy cakeries.  Their cake was delicious and I'm very impressed with their work and bakery space.

Also, they do sheet cakes (actually layered sheet cakes so the slices look exactly like your main cake.  Many bakeries only do single layer sheet cakes).  I think it is something like $62 for a sheet cake.  You could do a small, simple cake for photos and cutting and supplement with a sheet cake.  We are doing this.  I think our ended up being around $400 but we have some intricate details and are doing a larger 3 tier.  You could get away with a smaller 3 tier or a 2 tier cake and then supplement with sheet cake.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I recommend that you consider a faux cake for your main (display) cake.  The top layer is made real, and you cut as part of the ceremonial "first slice" just as if the whole cake was real. The cake is taken to the kitchen and the individual slices are brought out for the guests; all of this adds up to a VERY significant cost savings. 
    Brian The "Cake Delivery Boy" The Cake Boutique, Warren, Ohio http://www.cakeboutiqueshop.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards