Connecticut

Water's Edge Resort & Spa

has anyone had their wedding here?  It's my top pick and looks gorgeous in photos, I read amazing reviews in the past but the reviews in the last year are all about construction.  Does anyone have any feedback?  Hopefully good things! Thanks!

Re: Water's Edge Resort & Spa

• I got married there almost 2 years ago and have nothing but amazing things to say about the venue and their staff. Everything was gorgeous and our day went by without a hitch. I have pics and reviews in my married bio in my sig.

Unfortunately, I can't comment on the recent construction at the venue. I heard about it and it makes me sad especially since I was married at the garden gazebo which no longer has a view from what I hear. I heard it's now better to get married down on the lawn or up near the patios for the picturesque views. I would assume the construction would be done by now, and there's just an obstructed view over by the garden gazebo.
  • Pm me with specific questions you have and I'll try my best to answer them.....I work there during the summer
  • I got married there last summer.  While I enjoyed my wedding the construction did take away from the views not only when getting married outside but from one of the ballrooms.  I still had a nice wedding and the food was great.  If you want to PM me any questions I can try to help. 
    Anniversary
  • its over priced and i know people who have ate there and the food is not that great if you want to spent 120+ for a plate. anything on the shoreline is going to be pricey in terms of price per plate/ guest 
  • I'm getting married there in August :-)
    It is definitely not a "budget" venue.. I'll certainly have better reviews after August :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just got married at Water's Edge in April. Everything was great!, just a little bumps here and there but all in all at the end, it was just perfect! The food was delicious. I had my wedding in April so it was considerd as winter package so the price wasn't that bad at all for a gorgeous venu. PM me if you have any questions! these are the pictures from my photographer. http://www.miapaigephotography.com/
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • my sister had my god daughters 1st communion at the waters edge last year. I have to say the place is beautiful but the food was terrible. All the guest said the same thing. And she paid 115.00 per person on a sunday. If food is not important to you then the plaace is great.
  • We considered it because its beautiful but we felt like there would be lots of hidden costs, such as the chair rental fee, etc so we passed on it.  I can't personally comment about anything else but my parents went there once for a function and said that the food was ok but not great.  That said, it seems like lots of people have been happy with it so I guess you just have to decide how important location/ambience is for you.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards