Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father Daughter Dance Help

I need some help coming up with a father daughter song for my wedding in June. My dad has cancer, so everytime I even think of the father daughter dance, I get upset. I definitely want to include this in my reception, but need some suggestions of songs that aren't too sappy, because I don't want to lose it on the dance floor. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Father Daughter Dance Help

• edited December 2011
    I am really not sure how sappy this song is but I am using "Stealing Cinderella" by Chuck Wicks for my father daughter dance and I think its perfect.  I am really sorry about your father.  Hope I helped :o)
  • edited December 2011

Why not ask him if there is anything he would like to dance with you to.  I did that with my dad, but got no where.  So I am back to square one.  But it may help you a lot in the end.  

I am in between 3 or 4 songs, but if you don't want sappy I wouldn't suggest PP suggestion, it is a really sappy song.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I gave my dad 2 options "My little girl" by Tim McGraw and "I loved her First" by Heartland. He picked "I loved her First", he said they were both great options.
    When I was trying to pick a song I cried during both, so I have no clue how I'm going to keep it together during our dance.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thea519Thea519 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a daddy's girl, so I get emotional when I think about my daddy/daughter dance, as well. We're going with Daughter by Loudon Wainwright OR Sweet Pea by Amos Lee. They are both upbeat, but still special :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • deee&mattdeee&matt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Walk with you  by Edwin McCain
    Always be your baby (I'm really not sure who sings it but its so pretty! Especially if you're a daddy's baby!) You can find it on youtube
    Butterfly Kisses
    I loved her first
    Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman
  • Pookie05Pookie05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a tough thing for me too. We could dance to the most upbeat song there is and I'm still going to cry. Total daddy's girl I guess.

I am really sorry about your dad. My suggestion would be to find one that you liked when you were younger and he knows. It will mean something to him.
  • lsnicks19lsnicks19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help! I love "Stealing Cinderella" and "My Little Girl" and "I Loved her First." Oh man, I'm definitely going to lose it on the dance floor!
  • leslieannlsuleslieannlsu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to dance with my dad to "That's How Strong My Love Is For You" - Otis Redding. I'm still gonna cry like a baby, but it seemed a lot less cheesy/sappy than a lot of songs out there. Plus it's pretty short and I know my dad is not much of a dancer.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Best Day by Taylor Swift
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards