Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

Polka Dots HELP PLEASE!

Hey everyone!  Someone suggested I come here because someone else is doing a polka dot wedding.  My theme is "Circle of Love".  My colors are plum (David's Bridal 'Sangria'), yellow (sunflower/golden), with a tangerine orange background color.  I want to do polka dots and circles, but can't really seem to find inspirational pictures.  I'm not the creative type so I feel like I'm doomed, especially since I'm trying to do this alone.  Yeah...let's see how long that will actually work.  The wedding will be in mid-March.  Does ANYONE have ANY ideas or inspirations?  I am drowning....

P.S.  Did I mention I'm trying to do this with a tight budget?  Am I living in a dream world or can this actually work?

Re: Polka Dots HELP PLEASE!

• Options
    well, my wedding colors were different (black, white, and red), but we did a polka dot/retro theme. check out my bio (in my siggy) and hopefully theres something in there that inspires you (or just helps you love polkadots even more hehe)

ps everything we did was on a budget too. :D

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    Kim,
    You did an amazing job with your wedding.  It makes me regret changing my colors.  I actually started off with those exact colors!  But I thought it may not go well with March and I changed it.  BIG DUMMY!!  It seems like finding polka dots in black and white isn't difficult at all.  The red is absolutely gorgeous with it.  However, my bridesmaids have dresses already, so I can't go back. 

Thank you SO much for sharing your pics!  Many blessings to you & your family!

Pamela
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    http://www.elizabethannedesigns.com/blog/2010/07/22/diy-wedding-on-farm-pink-orange-rockford-illinois/

Looks like they used more of a darker pink instead of purple but it would look nice with plum in the mix...

Also, tissue paper pomanders or round hanging lanterns are pretty inexpensive and make a big impact :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd say it's doable, but you may have to do some stuff yourself so that you can make sure you have the right colors.  Here are some inspiration pics I found, not all necessary the right colors, but with polka dots

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards