Missouri-Kansas City

******Knottie of the week LisaC0617**********

1. Your name & FI's name:
2. Ages (met/married):
3. Do you like FI's last name? Are you "taking" it?
4. Where were you born (city/state)?
5. Where do you live currently? (city and/or state)?
6. Where did you go to college?
7. Do you root for any college/professional teams?
8. What was your major?
9. What is your current job?
10. What is your dream job?
11. How did you and your fiance meet?
12. When did you get engaged and how did he do it??
13. When is the Wedding Day? Is there a special reason for this date?
14. Where is the ceremony and reception?
15. What are your wedding colors?
16. Where are you honeymooning?
17. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
18. Biggest wedding splurge?
19. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
20. Is there another knottie's wedding you'd like to attend?
21. Favorite book?
22. Favorite movie?
23. Favorite tv show?
24. Favorite wedding dress designer?
25. Any advice you can give?
26. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?
27. Share something about yourself!!

Re: ******Knottie of the week LisaC0617**********

• edited December 2011
    Hooray! That's me! Thanks:)
    1. Your name & FI's name: Lisa and Paul

2. Ages (met/married): met 20/21, will be married 24/25

3. Do you like FI's last name? Are you "taking" it? It's ok -- I have always wanted to get rid of my last name because it's awkward and hard to spell/pronounce, and FI's is a bit better.

4. Where were you born (city/state)? KUMed is where I was born literally...I grew up mainly in Olathe.

5. Where do you live currently? (city and/or state)? Lawrence, KS

6. Where did you go to college? KU -- rockchalk!!

7. Do you root for any college/professional teams? Definitely KU, I'm much more of a college sports fan than professional sports.

8. What was your major? I graduated with a BA in Sociology and African and African American Studies in 2008. Now I'm in law school at KU.

9. What is your current job? Student, I'm in my second year of law school.

10. What is your dream job? Criminal prosecutor...but I will be happy with any legal job upon graduation! So much debt! Luckily, my FI has a "big boy job" and can help out.

11. How did you and your fiance meet? We used to work together at a pharmacy as technicians, and we also went to KU. We started out as friends, and he waited two months before kissing me on New Year's Eve. I thought he wasn't interested -- turns out he's just very patient!

12. When did you get engaged and how did he do it?? New Years Eve! Paul sets up a massage appointment every 6 months for me, and he set one up in Westport at a place I really like. I was kind of disappointed that we didn't have New Years Eve plans, and in hindsight he was being pretty weird about making any. After my massage we got some bubble tea, and we drove around the plaza for awhile before he took me to the Intercontinental. He had gotten a suite there, and brought all of my stuff (and every one of my heels because he didn't know which ones I would want to wear lol) including a little black dress he bought for me a couple months before. We got dressed and he had made reservations at the Capital Grill -- so good! Afterwards we came back to the room and I was looking at the plaza lights (I had never seen them in person even though I've lived here all my life!). He started his speech, and I thought he was just being nice and sweet until he got down on one knee! Of course I said yes, and he gave me a photo calendar for the year of me and him, complete with important days to us and our familys' birthdays.  We went to the Hyatt New Year's Eve party afterwards and then the next day we told our families at a lunch he had arranged. I still cannot believe he planned the whole thing without me knowing!

13. When is the Wedding Day? Is there a special reason for this date? Friday June 17th 2011. Special reason...erm I think it ended up being a process of elimination, no other dates were ideal.

14. Where is the ceremony and reception? Ceremony (*hopefully*) will be at the Loose Park Rose Garden. We cannot book the date until the calendar year, and I'm pretty nervous about getting it because my date is in June (although it is a Friday). Our reception is at the Berg Event Space - such a cool space!

15. What are your wedding colors? hot pink/magenta, marine blue (almost royal blue but brighter), and black.

16. Where are you honeymooning? South Africa! We haven't set much up, but I'm really excited!

17. Favorite wedding vendor so far? The cake! We tried seven different vendors...and the one we chose was the best cake we've ever eaten!

18. Biggest wedding splurge? Hmm, we've been doing pretty good so far. I suppose my dress (although we haven't officially purchased it), but my mom said that she would buy that outside any money she would contribute. The honeymoon will definitely be a splurge!

19. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't? A coordinator. I've heard the ladies at the Berg are great during the day of, but I have nightmares of something going wrong.

20. Is there another knottie's wedding you'd like to attend? Everyone's, I get really excited when other knotties' dates are coming up -- vicarious excitement I suppose. It would be especially neat to see those who are using the Berg.  It's amazing how little attention you pay to wedding until you have to plan your own!

21. Favorite book? Haha, it's funny to remember there are books before law school... all time fave is Heart of Darkness.

22. Favorite movie? Too many to mention! I supposed my go-to answer is Forrest Gump, but I like so many different kinds of movies -- comedy, romance, horror, drama, action, etc.

23. Favorite tv show? Very hard choice! I'm a big fan of The Office and How I Met Your Mother. 

24. Favorite wedding dress designer? Sophia Tolli -- when I looked through TK dresses and picked faves I realized almost half of my faves were hers!

25. Any advice you can give? Hrm, plan early and don't be afraid to give your FH tasks! Paul is very involved, so it's really nice to not have all the burden on me -- especially when school is in session. We obviously have planned pretty early, and I think it will help us closer to the date to have a lot of stuff taken care of.

26. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding? So far, no -- we have really been trying to make sure it is about us rather than just having a cookie-cutter wedding. I really love all the vendors we've booked so far.

27. Share something about yourself!! Hrm, this is difficult -- I pretty much have only been able to discuss law school-related or wedding-related things, sometimes I don't know how people still put up with me! 
    I've been trying to lose weight for the wedding, but I'm a stress eater (and not-worker-outer) and law school is a constant stress for me. Feel free to send any advice or suggestions my way!

• edited December 2011
    I think your honeymoon sounds amazing!  I so, so , so want to go to Africa someday. I also love your colors, if I had a summer wedding those are the ones I would use.
  • edited December 2011
    I was also born at KUMed. Way to go us. ;) Or parents I should say haha
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks engutshall, I was nervous about my blue because it's kind of hard to find the right "blue" (as is usually case for any wedding color, except white or black I suppose), but our cake lady really helped us out in that regard:)

Mmmm cake.

Haha Blondette I do always say I was born and bred to go to KU...although my mom cautioned me against having any kids there because it's a teaching hospital, but she is also insane and I think I will probably plaster any babies I have in KU gear and insist they be born there. It's probably best I don't plan on kids for awhile...
  • edited December 2011
    South Africa sounds incredible!  How fun!

I also have a husband with a 'big boy job.'  Makes me feel soooo lucky when I'm around my school friends.  Someday we'll have 'big girl jobs'....someday.... *sigh*
  • edited December 2011
    i love Sophi Tolli (its what mine is)...which dress did you pick?
  • edited December 2011
    I love your color combo it sounds like it will be beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Kristin, I picked the Y1900...I hadn't really picked it when I was looking online but then I tried it on...it was actually the first one I tried on and my mom was convinced I was going to get it. Four stores, way too many dresses, and six months later and she's right! Where did you end up getting yours from? We found ours at Rosie's in Independence and are hesitant to purchase it from there because it's a PITA to drive to for fittings and whatnot.

Thank you maiyae -- I wanted to go really bold and modern. When we went on our epic reception venue search, we narrowed it down to the Berg and the Villa -- one is very modern and the other traditional. After we decided to go modern we thought we should follow suit in other ways too -- plus, we already had those colors picked and thought they would look out of place at the Villa. Trying to find stuff in our blue, however, completely sucks sometimes.

• kissamarykissamary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Had to double check before I posted, but my mom is your baker!  She was so excited to get a non-cookie-cutter cake!  And that strawberry cake is amazing, and I don't even like cake that well :)
  • edited December 2011
    Kissamary, that's awesome! Best. Cake. Ever. Seriously. My FI doesn't even like cake, and he told me he's considering getting a cake before the wedding because he doesn't think he can wait that long before eating it again.
  • kissamarykissamary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know!  It sure is a perk having an awesome baker as a mom :)  I don't know if she is still doing them, but for a while she was doing cupcakes that were the strawberry cake with a hunk of cream cheese baked into the middle.  They were amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards