Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Programs for non religious ceremony

We are having a non religious outside ceremony.  I don't want to do programs, but my Mom hasn't asked for many thing except that (i know..odd request).  I am trying to do these pretty simple because we haven't met with our officiant as we are an out of town couple.  My question is, would it be ok to do a program that just states who the wedding party is and that is all?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Programs for non religious ceremony

• Options
    I think it would be fine to just list the people involved with the wedding (WP, officiant, FG/RB if there are any, any readers you have, etc). If the ceremony is outdoors you might even make program fans.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Yep, I've seen that a few times. And I second the idea of program fans!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I think that's fine, but if you have more space to fill, our programs also contained a section of thank yous, and an In Memoriam section.
  • Options
    You can add other stuff in there, too. Maybe a poem or something? If it's your mother who is into this idea, maybe you can ask her for some ideas. If you want to add more stuff in there, of course. you can have just the names of the bridal party if that's all you want.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_programs-for-non-religious-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:3cf6b827-bca6-4e3a-a4f1-77e4d9f084c8Post:ca3bf4e4-101d-4384-9a28-5e67d790a00d">Re: Programs for non religious ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that's fine, but if you have more space to fill, our programs also contained a section of thank yous, and an In Memoriam section.
    Posted by daria24[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ditto this. We included the order of our non religious ceremony (welcome, parent's blessing, readings, vows, rings, the kiss), but then we also included a memoriam and thank you section, which I know my mom really appreciated. I also included directions to reception since hardly anyone brings the map from the invites to the ceremony. :)

</div>
  • Options
    We had short little informational write-ups about the bride, groom, and members of the wedding party, including how they know the bride and/or groom.  A lot of people commented that they liked that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards