April 2012 Weddings
Options

VENT family drama

Soooo here I was so happy that drama had decided to stay away from my family for this wedding HAHAHAHA. First the drama with my sis who screwed up my bachelorette party and now my cousin (who is more like my brother) who has a total B**CH of a wife had become the center of my drama. So Oct. of 2012 they are getting married. Found out they were going to get married on Halloween Oct 31. So fiance and I make sure we are off work and turn down all party invites and wait for my invitation. Well she decides to not send out invites but EVITES to their wedding and doesnt do this until 6 days before their wedding. The evite clearly states that their wedding will be on Oct 30th. The day before Halloween. So now theres nothing we can do as we cant change our work schedules that late. Not to mention theres a 2 hour travel to their location. So basically we cant go now so I call the second I find out and let them know that we cant get off work and make sure to send the gifts we bought to them. Not to mention I apologise like a million times and even cry as I couldnt believe I was going to have to miss his wedding. So the other day I call and email him to let him know that we are 2 weeks from the wedding and that I need to know if he is coming for a final head count. This morning I get an email from his wife saying that I shouldnt be pressuring him to give me an answer about them attending our wedding since I threw a fit about their wedding and then didnt even show up. I mean WTF seriously had you told me you changed the date more than a few days before your wedding I would have been there and getting fired wasnt an option. Not to mention our RSVP date was March 1st here it is the 24th and I have only called once and emailed once didnt really think that was pressuring. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  Thanks for listening to me rant ladies!

Photobucket
April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!

Re: VENT family drama

• Options
    wait, it's 3 weeks past the RSVP date and they cant confirm/deny their presence?

I know you love this cousin, but they both suck for doing that to you.  I'd say "unfortunately, I cant wait any longer and need to inform the caterer of our numbers.  I would be sad for you not to come, but if I dont hear in 2 days that will be my assumption."

• Options
    Seriously?? I think you hit the nail on the head there. If they don't know if they are coming to the wedding in two weeks... well I have not a lot of good things to say... so I won't say anything at all!
    We're married! And we're ready to sell! http://nauticalwedding.weebly.com/index.html
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Wow...II definitely call being upset that you're going to miss an important event throwing a fit (sarcasm).  I'm sorry you're going through this but I agree with pp.  Just lay it out as I need to know for the caterers and if I don't hear by _____ I'll sadly assune you aren't attending.
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I am finding out who we are important to.  I have cousins that travel abroad every year for vacations, and none of them are coming to my wedding.  Yes, its out of states for all of them, but really... And then my MOH from my last weddding isn't going to make this one because they decided to move 2 weeks before my wedding, even though they are planning a trip to Costa Rica in June, so he won't work for 3 months and they have family nearby they could stay with if they wanted.

• Options
    rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_vent-family-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:02fab509-5763-43c3-986b-e64d62c2f5a2Post:3f20fe80-8abe-429e-8975-dec92e135b95">Re: VENT family drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I am finding out who we are important to. </strong> I have cousins that travel abroad every year for vacations, and none of them are coming to my wedding.  Yes, its out of states for all of them, but really... And then my MOH from my last weddding isn't going to make this one because they decided to move 2 weeks before my wedding, even though they are planning a trip to Costa Rica in June, so he won't work for 3 months and they have family nearby they could stay with if they wanted.
    Posted by SarahA2b[/QUOTE]
    So very true. My FI's aunt and cousin weren't originally invited (b/c FI didn't think they'd fly from France), but then they were shocked that we didn't invite them because oh, how could they possibly miss this & blah blah. So we invite. Supposedly they'd stay at relative's homes & everything. Now it's the end of March & they still haven't purchased their plane tickets. Um, seriously? Prices only go up. If you don't have it by now, it will only be harder later. <div>
    </div><div>Same as the OP, though, they don't want to be pressured to say yes/no. They claim they're waiting for the daughter's employer to give her time off. The Aunt won't come alone. My FI is so tired of it that he said if they don't have their flight by March 31st, then don't come. </div><div>
    </div><div>She did offer to come visit in June. Really? Who cares in June! </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards