Michigan-Grand Rapids

Florist Recommendations - Holland/Grand Rapids

I'm getting married in Holland in August, and I need help finding a florist!  

I met with someone already who made up fake flower centerpieces (I didn't know they were going to be fake when I made the appointment - but I actually kind of like them!) and I'm meeting with Designing Dreams LLC and hopefully J's fresh flowers because I love the idea of a DIY bouquet, but have you worked with anyone I should try?

Affordable is key! 

Re: Florist Recommendations - Holland/Grand Rapids

• I just got a quote from Eastern Floral in GR and honestly just based on the 30min I spent with her and the $200 they want to charge me to deliver basically one box of flowers just because it's a holiday weekend I'd give them a big fat thumbs down.
    I also met with Rachel from dahlia's (www.dahliasfloral.com) and she was so cool - very friendly, asked all the right questions and her work looks really good.  I haven't gotten her quote yet so I can't say about her prices.
    I've also heard good things about Seasons, the tiny little place in Grandville on Chicago Drive - they're my next option if Rachel doesn't work out.  I really liked her though, and the guys at Stem's Market adore her, which is where I plan to get the rest of my flowers to make centerpieces.  She actually designs and makes a lot of the stuff on their new wedding website, too (which might be an option? www.stemsmarket.com
  • edited January 2012
    Modern Day Floral. I had the most gorgeous flowers and Jenn "got" my vision immediately. Love, love, LOVED everything about them.
  • I'm also getting married in Holland, but in June.  I'm working with Linnaea Floral Design.  GREAT prices -- easy to work with.  I'm not 100% sure -- but from what I remember they're delivering to the venue for free (or for a very minor cost)  when we met, they came with a sample boquet -- THANKFULLY because it wasn't exactly right, and they were able to work with me on what I wanted and send pics to ensure it was right after the fact (I'm planning the wedding from 3-4 hours away)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Picket Fence Floral in Holland!  Sarah is awesome, very nice and really understood what I wanted and stayed well within my budget. 
  • I am using VS Flowers in Douglas MI, but she does flowers in Holland too. We have used her for years and she does amazing work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards