September 2012 Weddings
Options

Awww moment!

My mom proposed to my dad 40 years ago today.  It just makes me excited for our wedding coming up (which will be on their 39th anniversary).  I can't wait for 40+ great years with my FI!

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

Re: Awww moment!

• Options
    awww way to go Mom!
    We are getting married on my parents 33rd anniversary
  • Options
    OMG that is awesome!!  Thats so cool that she did it on leap day :)
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Awwww I love it!! So sweet. :)
  • Options
    So cute! Someone I work with got married last leap year, so today was their "first" wedding anniversary :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Its such a great feeling to see that so many couples have actually lasted more than 10 years. 
    My parents just celebrated their 43rd wedding anniversary, and at my brothers wedding last summer there were 3 couples there that had been married over 50 years.
  • Options
    We are getting married on my parent's anniversary too!  It would've been their 39th anniversary too but my mom passed away 6 years ago.  I hope my dad can keep it together...he cried when I asked if it would be ok if we got married on their anniversary.

MrsBassPlaya- I love that your mom proposed to your dad!
  • Options
    That is wonderful! I feel so blessed to have grown up with great role models like my parents and to see what a real loving relationship can accomplish. My parents have been married 33 years and going strong.
    My grandfather passed away last Feb, but tomorrow would have marked my grandparents' 60th anniversary.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Is she Irish?  That's really cute.
  • Options
    DirtyWater - she's got a little Irish in her, but I don't think she knew about the whole Irish tradition back then.  She knew about the Sadie Hawkins rulem, so that's why she did it.  She was half joking around, but he said yes and they got married 7 months later.

mamameech  - You don't hear about 60 years almost ever anymore.  So sad that he passed away recently, but it's still an amazing milestone.

LoriG - I think we talked about that before.  I hope your dad is able to fully enjoy your wedding while reminescing about your mom.  I can't imagine how special that day will be for him.

To all the other laides getting married on their parents' anniversaries - I hope you enjoy your days as much as I intend to enjoy mine, and I'm so excited about sharing that with my parents' strong marriage.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards