Catholic Weddings

TGIF!

I don't know about everyone else, but this week has been loooooong!  I'm hoping today will go by quickly, but I doubt it will.

I have another bridal shower this Saturday, thrown by FI's mom and SIL for their side of the family.  FI has his bachelor party on Saturday - his brother and best man found a local paint ball course, which FI has never done before, and he's sooo excited to give that a try.

What's on tap for everyone else's weekends?

Re: TGIF!

• Thank God, indeed!  We got today off (yay!) so I am about to drive down to Dallas and visit the schools where I used to work, then H and I are going to go see the Rangers play and just hang out with all our old friends.
    Anniversary

• That sounds like fun!  Must be really nice having your H back and getting to spend the weekend together - have a great time!
  • Erin, it sounds like you have a full, busy weekend, but it should be a good one. Are these the last of your pre-wedding parties? How's planning going? You're getting close!

Prof, your weekend sounds like a ton of fun -- relaxing, trip down memory lane, actually having your H with you!

AFM, it is going to be a very low-key weekend. H is out of town at a conference, so it is just C and me. Today is Target and a visit to my grandma. Tomorrow is coffee with a firend, the grocery store and maybe some other shopping. C has not yet come to understand how amazing Target it, so I dread taking her, but we need a couple of things, so she's just going to have to deal with it! I need to clean the house somewhere in there, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tgif-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:5b118763-1c11-40bb-bc8e-b0bea8943752Post:acf79063-e08b-4eb4-ad59-f33555e3ce5c">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erin, it sounds like you have a full, busy weekend, but it should be a good one. Are these the last of your pre-wedding parties? How's planning going? You're getting close! Prof, your weekend sounds like a ton of fun -- relaxing, trip down memory lane, actually having your H with you! AFM, it is going to be a very low-key weekend. H is out of town at a conference, so it is just C and me. Today is Target and a visit to my grandma. Tomorrow is coffee with a firend, the grocery store and maybe some other shopping. C has not yet come to understand how amazing Target it, so I dread taking her, but we need a couple of things, so she's just going to have to deal with it! I need to clean the house somewhere in there, too.
    Posted by bibliophile2010[/QUOTE]

Yep, last party!  FI's mom has put a ton of work into planning it - making decorations, favors, etc.  I know she'll be pretty upset if not too many of the guests come, so for her sake more than my own, I hope it all goes well.  The last wedding in FI's immediate family was his brother's 12 years ago, so she's been VERY excited about ours.

I have a meeting w/ our venue today to turn in our numbers for catering.  Still can't believe how close it is!  It doesn't feel real yet!  For example, I was texting w/ a friend about having a Halloween party, and she suggested bringing snacks over so I could use my new gifts from the shower. I told her "that'd be fun, but I don't think I'm supposed to use any gifts until after the wedding." She had to remind me that I actually WILL be married by Halloween!
  • I agree about the long week! Sounds like everyone has some nice plans. :)
    Biblio, now I feel like going to Target! I haven't been there since the middle of the summer. 

My weekend is only Sunday this week. I had to take switch my normal Monday off to next Saturday for a dancing exam I am taking, so I'm going to have to make Sunday feel extra relaxing before I jump into a busy work week.

Sunday my Fiance and I are going to Mass at the Carmelite Monestary. The priest that is marrying us says a Traditional Latin Mass there every other weekend. It's so pretty listening to the Nuns sing throughout the mass. I really look forward to it. Aftwards we're going to our Reception Place to finalize our menu. :)

FI has been working incredibly long 12+ hr Overnight shifts getting soaking wet in the cold while filming Noah, so I think we'll just be incredibly lazy after our morning errands. We usually spend Friday/saturday evenings together when I finish work, and sometimes Mondays if he doesn't have work scheduled. Now it's just been Sat evening and Sunday all day. I shouldn't complain because we could use the money, but Only one full day together makes the week feel really long. 

I give all of the ladies that have had to be away from their husbands for extended periods of time a lot of credit. it's not easy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tgif-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:5b118763-1c11-40bb-bc8e-b0bea8943752Post:9e41b5b4-5d5f-4d25-a643-f45411cf6957">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree about the long week! Sounds like everyone has some nice plans. :) <strong>Biblio, now I feel like going to Target! I haven't been there since the middle of the summer.</strong>  My weekend is only Sunday this week. I had to take switch my normal Monday off to next Saturday for a dancing exam I am taking, so I'm going to have to make Sunday feel extra relaxing before I jump into a busy work week. Sunday my Fiance and I are going to Mass at the Carmelite Monestary. The priest that is marrying us says a Traditional Latin Mass there every other weekend. It's so pretty listening to the Nuns sing throughout the mass. I really look forward to it. Aftwards we're going to our Reception Place to finalize our menu. :) FI has been working incredibly long 12+ hr Overnight shifts getting soaking wet in the cold while filming Noah, so I think we'll just be incredibly lazy after our morning errands. We usually spend Friday/saturday evenings together when I finish work, and sometimes Mondays if he doesn't have work scheduled. Now it's just been Sat evening and Sunday all day. I shouldn't complain because we could use the money, but Only one full day together makes the week feel really long.  <strong>I give all of the ladies that have had to be away from their husbands for extended periods of time a lot of credit. it's not easy.</strong>
    Posted by christinamarie325[/QUOTE]

1st bold: If you're anything like me, I'm sorry. I love Target. My bank account does not. But we need wipes and I have gift cards, so...Target it is.

2nd bold: I totally agree. Every time I feel down b/c H works long hours, I remember some of the ladies here, and I remember my friends who have husbands who are/have been deployed, and I realize I really don't have it bad at all. Thank God for perspective.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Target is one of those places I can no longer frequent because of impulse-buying... in law school, there was a glorious Super Target nearby that a lot of people bought groceries at, but I just couldn't do it because *every* time I'd also come out with a new shirt or a set of cute glasses or a new purse or . . . you know. :) 

FI and I have gotten SO much done, wedding-wise. We have the venue, my dress, photographer, and as of this morning, a DJ! The DJ also comes with lighting (and they will make us a custom monogram to project on the dance floor, which works really well with our reception venue) AND a photo booth, which I didn't think was in the budget. 

BUT we were referred through our planner, whom the DJ company loves apparently, and they gave us a pretty good discount, making them actually under our budget for lighting/DJ (even with the photo booth). Which made me (and my dad) extremely happy.  Yesterday he took care of setting up the appointment for our rehearsal dinner tour, and I realized he's done a lot to help out. 

I'm in total denial of having to move on Sunday. I really should be packing things but instead I just am trying to enjoy my time with everyone. I bet we end up having to ship a few boxes to ourselves in NYC. Most of our stuff is in storage, anyway, but I have quite a few clothes... we'll probably end up checking two bags each, which is insane to me, as we usually take carry-ons only to avoid the fees. This time next week I'll be posting from my new apartment! 

We're meeting with a videographer this afternoon, then hopefully getting a quick gym workout in and a farewell dinner with two of my sorority sisters. Tomorrow is brunch with my best friend, hopefully seeing her new apartment by the Galleria, and then... watching the Longhorns and, I guess, packing? 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• HAHA.... yes, target!  I go there for one thing, can't find it, but end up buying at least $50 worth of stuff I don't need.  I looooooovvveee target.

And yeah, this has been a long week.  I left student teaching early today because I do not feel well.  I'm hoping it's just exhaustion and not some kind of bug.  It's okay because I only missed our off period and one more class.

I just made a frozen pizza, and FI is coming over soon.  Going to just rest and enjoy the day.  FI and I might go mattress shopping this weekend.  He's not moving in until the wedding (8 months), but I'd kind of like to be able to have a new bed now for myself :)  I'm tired of sleeping in an old twin bed, so I'm excited that we're going to buy a nice new queen bed.

Also, THANK THE LORD for being able to unfollow people's posts on facebook.  A "friend" of mine posted this offensive article about how the Pope said gay people were not fully developed (a really wild misinterpretation of what he said).  This is a guy who posts a lot of ridiculous stuff... a supposed "intellectual".

I couldn't help myself, so I responded how shocked (sarcasm) I was that the media would misinterpret the Pope's statements (rolls eyes), and then just unfollowed the post.  I knew he (and probably his friends) will post some offensive replies.

I need to learn my lesson and not stress myself out in these kind of pointless debates.

Hope everyone else has a lovely weekend!

SaveSave
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tgif-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:5b118763-1c11-40bb-bc8e-b0bea8943752Post:9e41b5b4-5d5f-4d25-a643-f45411cf6957">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree about the long week! Sounds like everyone has some nice plans. :) Biblio, now I feel like going to Target! I haven't been there since the middle of the summer.  My weekend is only Sunday this week. I had to take switch my normal Monday off to next Saturday for a dancing exam I am taking, so I'm going to have to make Sunday feel extra relaxing before I jump into a busy work week.<strong> Sunday my Fiance and I are going to Mass at the Carmelite Monestary. The priest that is marrying us says a Traditional Latin Mass there every other weekend. It's so pretty listening to the Nuns sing throughout the mass. I really look forward to it. </strong>Aftwards we're going to our Reception Place to finalize our menu. :) FI has been working incredibly long 12+ hr Overnight shifts getting soaking wet in the cold while filming Noah, so I think we'll just be incredibly lazy after our morning errands. We usually spend Friday/saturday evenings together when I finish work, and sometimes Mondays if he doesn't have work scheduled. Now it's just been Sat evening and Sunday all day. I shouldn't complain because we could use the money, but Only one full day together makes the week feel really long.  I give all of the ladies that have had to be away from their husbands for extended periods of time a lot of credit. it's not easy.
    Posted by christinamarie325[/QUOTE]

That sounds awesome!

We have a ton to get done at our place this weekend. We haven't had a free weekend at home in a while and our place needs WORK!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tgif-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:5b118763-1c11-40bb-bc8e-b0bea8943752Post:a4bf7e25-1705-4152-ad4f-c5d0e989620e">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]HAHA.... yes, target!  I go there for one thing, can't find it, but end up buying at least $50 worth of stuff I don't need.  I looooooovvveee target. And yeah, this has been a long week.  I left student teaching early today because I do not feel well.  I'm hoping it's just exhaustion and not some kind of bug.  It's okay because I only missed our off period and one more class. I just made a frozen pizza, and FI is coming over soon.  Going to just rest and enjoy the day.  FI and I might go mattress shopping this weekend.  He's not moving in until the wedding (8 months), but I'd kind of like to be able to have a new bed now for myself :)  I'm tired of sleeping in an old twin bed, so I'm excited that we're going to buy a nice new queen bed. Also, THANK THE LORD for being able to unfollow people's posts on facebook.  <strong>A "friend" of mine posted this offensive article about how the Pope said gay people were not fully developed (a really wild misinterpretation of what he said).  </strong>This is a guy who posts a lot of ridiculous stuff... a supposed "intellectual". I couldn't help myself, so I responded how shocked (sarcasm) I was that the media would misinterpret the Pope's statements (rolls eyes), and then just unfollowed the post.  I knew he (and probably his friends) will post some offensive replies. I need to learn my lesson and not stress myself out in these kind of pointless debates. Hope everyone else has a lovely weekend!
    Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I cannot explain how much I dislike political facebook posts- or any attempted debate on facebook. All I want to use facebook for is to look at my cousin's kids, and maybe keep up to date on how my friends from college are doing. I'd prefer if it were just a picture-and-website-sharing portal, with no opportunity to debate. I don't think anyone is going to convince anyone else in an online conversation, and it is just too easy to go from adult discussion to mean name-calling. :(</div><div>
    </div><div>But my newsfeed is pretty political since most of my friends are attorneys now. So. That's fun. I think at one point I realized I had the majority of my friends list set to some sort of "Hidden" status, haha. 

</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tgif-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:5b118763-1c11-40bb-bc8e-b0bea8943752Post:a4bf7e25-1705-4152-ad4f-c5d0e989620e">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]H THANK THE LORD for being able to unfollow people's posts on facebook.  A "friend" of mine posted this offensive article about how the Pope said gay people were not fully developed (a really wild misinterpretation of what he said).  This is a guy who posts a lot of ridiculous stuff... a supposed "intellectual". I couldn't help myself, so I responded how shocked (sarcasm) I was that the media would misinterpret the Pope's statements (rolls eyes), and then just unfollowed the post.  I knew he (and probably his friends) will post some offensive replies. I need to learn my lesson and not stress myself out in these kind of pointless debates. Hope everyone else has a lovely weekend!
    Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>The same thing just showed up in my news feed. Ughhhh.</div><div>The article takes the quotes and twists it around. 

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TeaForMeTeaForMe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Target! This is one of my favorite blog posts. It is from my favorite parenting blog but it applies to everyone. click here!

I actually need to go to Target too to get some some cards for my husband - it is our anniversary on Monday and his birthday on Tuesday. He will be out of town both days which stinks but I figure I should probably still get him something :) And I had about 12 ideas for gifts to get him and dropped the ball on all of them so hopefully a homemade birthday apple pie will be enough for now.

Other than that, I have a family reunion to go to which is usually a pretty good time. And then we might try to go out for an anniversary celebration- sans child - at some point on the weekend but it may have to wait until next weekend. Heeey... maybe that gives me an extra week to get a gift for the husband. :)

Sounds like everyone has some fun plans for the weekend and I agree that it has been an extra long week.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards