California-Los Angeles

Veil - It's the wrong color!

Hello,
So I just  tried on my veil with my dress about 2 hours ago. I had the veil made separately and so I wasn't sure how they would go together. My dress is a very light ivory, but the veil came out a darker ivory and the color difference is very obvious. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? Can I get the veil dyed????
Please help, I'm totally freaking out! I love the veil, but the color is just completely off....

Re: Veil - It's the wrong color!

• Twisted06Twisted06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's the veil made of? You might be able to get it dyed.
  • KyumsterpooKyumsterpoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not quite sure what the material of the actual veil is but it's fully bordered by lace. The lady who made the veil says there's no way to make it lighter...she says basically i just have to get a new veil....
  • edited December 2011
    Oh no, that's sad! Maybe it will still look ok- it seems like the only people that notice some of these small details are us. Your guests may not even notice!

But if it really bothers you, it sounds like a new one is the only way to go. :(

I don't know where you got yours, but I had mine made by Candi Merle- it actually just arrived yesterday. I drove to her place initially and brought my dress with me, and she matched the material and ribbon exactly. I was considering just doing it over email with her, but I'm glad I made the trip since the ribbon was not actually "ivory", as I would have called it, but "antique white" or something, and we only realized that by comparing side by side.
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry to hear that, but I think maybe getting a new veil is the only way to go at this point. I mean, if it is truly that noticible.

In my case, I got two veils...reason why was because I really loved one I saw at a shop and it was exactly what I was looking for, fingertip lengh and the color matched the dress.  Then I saw a long veil for sale online, but was White (dress was DW) so I thought, what the hell, it might look cool in pictures so I got it. I noticed the difference when I received it but still used and didnt say a word to my BM's...just to see if they would notice, but they didnt. No one told me anything, not even the photographer. My cousin took some pictures and it looks really pretty and cannot tell the color difference. I'll post some pictures when I get them. HTH GL
  • KyumsterpooKyumsterpoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I went with Candi Merle to have it made and it's a beautiful veil, but my dress is just too light compared to it. I only had a picture of the dress when I went to visit Candi and it was not that great of a picture (it was kinda yellowish)... =( 
     **Sigh** It's like one problem after another since January...

Well my coordinator recommended taking it to a cleaners to see who can dye it. I'm having the bridal shop who has my dress to give me a swatch of my dress since it's been altered now. Hopefully I can get someone to match it, but if not...I guess I'll just have to get a new veil. DARN!

Thanks ladies for the responses. Will update on what happens....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards