Flowers

Sunflowers with turquoise dresses?

dgmbdgmb member
First Comment
Hi everyone!  I am hoping for some advice on coordinating my bridesmaids' dresses with flowers.  My bridesmaids are wearing this gown in turquoise with a black sash (except for my MOH who will have an ivory sash): http://www.alexiadesigns.com/Bridesmaids/Alexia-Bridesmaids/-A-line,Sash,Spaghetti-Straps-Style-4046/.

I picked out sunflowers for their bouquets--just a simple bouquet of three large, yellow sunflowers.  I thought the contrast would be lovely with the turquoise and help to create a summery feel, but my FMIL basically told me she thought it was going to look bad, and I want to just ignore what she said, but now I'm doubting my decision, so I am hoping for some good advice from more objective Knotties!  If anyone has seen or used a similar color scheme, that would be great to know, too!  Thanks!! Smile

Re: Sunflowers with turquoise dresses?

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that would be gorgeous! 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I think I might be with your FMIL on this one- Sunflowers are lovely with Navy, but with turquoise? I'm having a hard time imagining it. There should be some available to buy this time of year, so I'd suggest actually getting one, and putting it next to the fabric, taking photos, and seeing what you think. With turquoise I imagine a softer yellow, like daffodils or roses, but I could be totally wrong! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I think it would be awesome and cheery.  Definitely summer and I think the contrast would be great!  Go with what you think will work!  (my FMIL has said far worse to me and we still manage to have an okay relationship)

Sparklers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the gold and brown of sunflowers and turquoise dresses could be a great combination.

I don't think all your wedding elements have to be all matchy-matchy or anything, and unexpected color combinations can be a nice change of pace.  But adding in the black and ivory sashes to turquoise dresses, with brown and gold flowers kind of ruins it for me.  A little too "busy" or too many different looks going on. 

I think your idea might be one of those things you just have to actaully see together to see if it works.
  • edited December 2011
    That is exactly our colour scheme and flower scheme too!  My bms are wearing 'marine' coloured dresses from Mori Lee(a little bit more on the blue side than turquoise).  They will be carrying bouquets of sunflowers.  I think its the perfect colour combination for a summer wedding! Go for it!

This is the photo that was my inspiration for the yellow/marine colour scheme!

• dgmbdgmb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input, everyone!  We're still waiting on the bridesmaids' dresses to come in, but I'm definitely going to see how they look with the sunflowers as Knittibell suggested.  I'm also planning on using yellow sunflowers and staying away from the more orange tones.  Trinitygc, I came across that picture when I was looking, too--very pretty!  Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards