California-San Diego

prego bridesmaid

so i was going to pick out the bridesmaid dress and have my girls purchase it but one got pregnant so i decided i would postpone them getting their dress till after she gives birth which is in march so she knows what size she is for sure since we aren't going through a bridal place to get them and may not be able to change the fitting and such. but then i realized that it is cutting it kinda close since the wedding is in may. so should i just pick the dresses out now and let her figure out what size to get or just tell each girl what type and color dress i want them to have and let them pick their own dress themselves?
Mrs. Meeks

Re: prego bridesmaid

• frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After being in the position of both bride and bridesmaid, I can tell you that your girls will really appreciate being able to pick out a dress that fits them well.  If you tell them the color and style and leave it at that, your friend will be able to find a dress that she feels comfortable in for whatever size she may be.  A woman's body changes a lot during pregnancy and she may not be back to her original size in the time she expects, so having her decide on a size before she knows her weight loss pattern may not be a safe idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards