Vineyard Weddings

New to the Vineyard/Winery Board

Hi there!  We just booked our wedding for June at the Columbia Winery in Woodinville, Washington!  We're excited as it's a uniquely NW experience and the winery is gorgeous and elegant without being too stuffy.  I'm not super into wine (I'm more of a cocktail drinker) and my fiance is a beer snob and home brewer, so while we're excited about the surroundings, we don't want to overdo the wine theme.  Any ideas on how to sneakily put it in there (we're thinking purple bridesmaid dresses and maybe a wine opener favor?). 

Re: New to the Vineyard/Winery Board

• Welcome! I'm glad you have joined us.

Here are some of the things we are doing:

I'm using corks as the place cards and incorporated in the centerpiece. We are using grapes in a lot of places as well.

We are also using wine crates as the bathroom "baskets" and for a flip flop basket by the dance floor. Also possibly using one to hold the programs (a resourceful alternative to my FI hating baskets and all things wicker).

Hope this helps! Happy Planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome!
    We are using lots and lots of corks and grapes and bottles and all things wine.
    IMy newest favorite thing (this week) is that we have decided to offer our guests a wine tasting during the coctail hour.  This came at the suggestion of the wedding coordinator at the vineyard we are holding our reception at.  She is full of great ideas!!!
    Our guests will get to sample 6 wines (they can choose any 6 from  a list of 10) .  (Bonus: Hopefully this will also save us a little $$$ and the guests will have a chance to decide which wine they like best so they can order it with dinner instead of order a full glass of something they may not enjoy as much).
    Kev and I do wine tours all the time, but for our guests who have never been to a vineyard before, I think this will be a fun experience for them.
    We will have beer and a few signature coctails for our non-wine-o's, but I think the majority of our guests will give it a shot.
    I thought it was a unique little wine-y twist on a normal coctail hour.  Subtle, but defilnitely something that whispers (or shouts) vineyard/wine!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • kevinandmonica when are you going to take pictures of your rumored centerpieces?!? I think I have been patient enough! lol
  • Posted pics on the voneyard and CNY board!  Enjoy!  Sorry it took so darn long.Smile
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards