Maine

Cakes in the Portland area

I'm looking for any recommendations for cakes in the Portland area. I don't have a huge budget, but I still want a nice cake. I'm looking for any suggestions!!!

Re: Cakes in the Portland area

• edited December 2011

Nothing Bakes Like a Parrott! I haven't checked prices yet but I went to high school with her so I definitely want to recommend her! Also depending on how big it needs to be an old coach of mine is starting up Cakes by Angie.  You can find her on facebook by searching "Cakes by Angie".  She's just getting started so I'm sure the prices are great! Hope that helps!

• edited December 2011
    I just ordered mine from European Bakery in Falmouth, and they were FANTASTIC.  Super yummy, and very reasonable.  Helen really took her time with us and encouraged us to be creative, and our tasting was delish!  I have a co-worker who got his cake from her last year and had a great experiance also.

http://www.europeanbakeryinc.com

August 28th, HERE I COME!
  • edited December 2011
    I would highly recommend Nothing Bakes Like a Parrott as well! Jessica is super nice and very talented. Our cake was sooo delicious and she did a great job working in the ideas for decorating we had. Everyone said it was the best wedding cake ever. We got cake for 100 people for a little over $300, including delivery from Portland to Bridgton. And that would have included a different flavor combo for each layer. We just decided to do alternating layers of chocolate and vanilla cake, both with chocolate ganache filling and mocha buttercream. Yum!

Here's a pic:

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Two Fat Cats.  Yum!
    Married 9.4.11
  • annjam73annjam73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Highly recommend Jessica Parrott.  She did not only my wedding cake, but my dessert and candy tables.  Absolutely amazing. You can see it on her blog.
  • Iris4700Iris4700 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved working with Vicki of Coastal Cakes in Saco Maine - we had a gorgeous cake for 160 people, 4 tiers, - blueberry buttermilk with lemon curd and fondant decorations for around $500 with delivery and set up included. She was fantastic.
  • mikell22mikell22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Confection Art of York is amazing!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Carrie Fields is a relatively new baker in Brunswick. Her creations are fantastically imaginative. See http://fieldsofcakebakes.wordpress.com/photo-gallery/
  • annie12073annie12073 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Two Fat Cats in Portland is amazing!

We had a vanilla with raspberry filling for 130 (3-tier, along with a sheet cake) plus 24 cupcakes for children for around $370. Wonderful to work with and the cake tasting is out of this world!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards