North Carolina-Outer Banks

where are your guests staying?

What hotels or inns or bed and breakfasts have you ladies blocked off for your guests to stay? Any good or bad experiences?

THANKS!! :)

also, where did yall married brides stay on your wedding night?

Re: where are your guests staying?

• rebecca2929rebecca2929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

FI's folks are staying at the First Colony Inn.  Most of my folks rented a house in Nags Head but I can't remember the name of it.  As for where we're staying our wedding night...I'm still unsure.  We're planning on leaving after the reception and driving to Raleigh to catch a flight Sunday morning to Key Largo!

Anniversary
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in S. Nags Head so we blocked off a group of rooms at The Nags Head Inn....I like to support the local businesses there rather than the corporate chains.  They underwent an extensive renovation a few years ago and all of the rooms have bright beach colors and the entire hotel and rooms are decorated with artwork from local obx artists and photographers, which I think gives it that "extra special" appeal rather than a standard hotel.

Here is their link:

http://www.nagsheadinn.com/

• sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our guests stay at The Sea Ranch Hotel. We chose it simply because it's attached to our venue- The Pearl Restaurant. I agree with OBX above- supporting the local businesses is a great thing. I know another bride on this board recently held their reception at 108 Budleigh- hopefully they will chime in and have some more suggestions for you.

For our wedding night (and the honeymoon week following) we are staying in a rental home from Sun Realty called Oyster's Pearl.

Hope this helps! Happy Planning and feel free to ask anything else you wanted to know!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • HStaffordHStafford member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the girls' suggestions above to support the local businesses.  Most of our guests grouped together and got homes for 10-18 people but some others stayed at the Hampton Inn.  I wish I would have thought about researching a local place, but the Hampton Inn was closer.  Everyone had great experiences though and we had a shuttle going to and from the Hampton Inn (since we had limited parking at the event home) and they didn't seem to mind us doing so. 
  • edited December 2011
    We blocked rooms at The Hilton Garden and Holiday Inn Express.  This way our guests had two price options.  I think everything went smootly in the end but some of the staff at Hilton gave my guest a hard time.  There is one lady that is in charge, she knows her stuff but then summer staff was not very helpful.  This could have just been the case with one person but it caused some problems. 

My husband and I stayed at the event home the first night we got there, then my bridesmaids and mothers stayed the second (night before the wedding) and then my husband and I stayed there on the wedding night.  Then the rest of my family moved in for the remaining part of the week.
  • edited December 2011
    Jennifer- I was thinking of using those two hotels as well.  So they are nice as far as you know?  Typical hotel?
  • edited December 2011

yes.  I have included my web site i used for my guests.  I put little price signs to indicate how much each place would be.  Most of my guests stayed a Holiday Inn Express.  It is not on the beach but they have a really nice continental breakfast an the rooms were pretty good.  During the summer the rates can be so high so I think it is good to have a least two options for people.

http://www.mywedding.com/lucasjennifer/accommodations.html

• edited December 2011
    We reserved rooms at the Sea Ranch since we're getting married at The Pearl.  We also did the Ramada and Nags Head Inn.  I pushed the Nags Head Inn since it's local and newly renovated and our guests there are sooo happy with it.  They said the breakfast was really good too.  One family opted to use their points and stay at the Hilton, which looked really nice when we dropped off their OOT bags.

Some of FI's family went in on a house together.  That was nice because we were able to have our welcome cookout there in the backyard. We also have a house but I didn't want to mess with hosting a big group of people here the night before our wedding.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards