Pennsylvania-Central

Maple Grove Community Center Venue

So I am thinking of using Maple Grove Community Center in Lancaster as my venue for my October 20th, 2012 wedding. I have not been there to see it in person but have seen pics online. I'm wondering if any other brides have used this place or seen it in person and what their opinion was of everything? Service/space/fees/. Anything and everything, need advice asap!

Re: Maple Grove Community Center Venue

• its a pretty much DIY place... would be nice if you had the resources to pull together to get the decor right- and the outside area is very pretty at night.. there is a deck and a lot of grass area that can be used as well.
    I know they dont provide ANY food or beverages- and theres a higher deposit if having liqour- there is a smallish kitchen area and they provide basically tables and chairs- all else is up to you
    hope this helps.

blog post photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_maple-grove-community-center-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:82cd10ba-89ae-4ff5-a021-87452903847ePost:cb1a6a21-aa53-44a3-be4d-2f174f5f664b">Re: Maple Grove Community Center Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]its a pretty much DIY place... would be nice if you had the resources to pull together to get the decor right- and the outside area is very pretty at night.. there is a deck and a lot of grass area that can be used as well. I know they dont provide ANY food or beverages- and theres a higher deposit if having liqour- there is a smallish kitchen area and they provide basically tables and chairs- all else is up to you hope this helps.
    Posted by SHALYNNMARIE[/QUOTE]
      <div>Thanks so much, that def helps a ton. I have seen the pictures of the grassy area outside and was wondering if you know if that can be used for the ceremony site? We are on a tight budget so we will be DIY most things so this place works for that, as we are going pretty casual. I picked this place because my mom was obsessed with bringing alcohol (I and my fiance rarely drink) but we couldn't afford an open bar so this was the perfect place as we can bring our own alcohol.  Also do you know if they have any round tables or is it all square?</div>
  • im glad i could help!  i would think the grassy area would be nice for a ceremony or if memory serves- the one deck is pretty large.
    AS for the tables, the last time iw as there they were all stored away so i cant remember sorry!

blog post photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards