Hawaii
Options

vent

I just need to vent... ugh! One of my bridesmaids who comitted to be in my wedding... put a deposit on her tickets, got sized for her dress and put a deposit down.  Just told me that she might not be able to go now because she cant afford it!!!!  REALLLY??? She knew a year in advance... comitted in october, knew how much it was going to cost.  Im not happy at all... I mean if she was just going to the wedding and backed out I wouldnt care because I obviously understand its not feasible for everyone!!!  She is a pretty good friend of mine but i have known her the least amount of time and we know each other through work.  I have 2.5 months till my wedding, in the long run its not a big deal but personally I just cant believe someone would comit to something and back out, especially since this is such an important day for me!  Sorry I just needed to vent, maybe some of you girls have had a similar situation.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: vent

• Options
    Ohhh I'm sorry! That sux she backed out at this stage of the game. Did something come up that she doesn't have the money now? Hopefully this won't make your friendship or work environment awkward.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm very sorry.  I know I would have been really disappointed if I were in your shoes - destination wedding or not.

Having said that (and you probably don't want to hear this), but try to process your feelings quickly and privately without making her feel too bad - and without getting too upset about it.  Especially in these economic times, we don't know what others' financial situations can bear as far as trips to faraway places to our very important (most especially to us!) weddings.

When people disappointed me in the run-up to our wedding I tried to refocus my attention on all the awesome people who WERE able to make the trip and my wedding a priority, what a blessing they all were, and how lucky I was that they could be there.  Doing the same will help you get trough this very understandable disappointment.
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear that,  I have that issue with 2 out 3 of my BMs.  I just try to keep an open mind that they might not be able to make it.  One of them is my MOH and my bestfriend of 20 years.  She's unemployed but says she wanted to go and I told her I would help pay for her plane ticket and lodging.  I understand they want to hold out to the last minute to see if they can make it.  I just told them to tell me as soon as they can or by March.

I know you're upset but Carrie is right that you should just talk to her calmly.  You're wedding is going to awesome regardless.
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this. I can imagine how upsetting this can be so close to your wedding. From the steps that you listed that she completed it seems like she had every intention of going, but with the economy being so rough these days it can be hard to stick to committments when the money is just not there.   Like a previous post said, try to focus on all the ppl who can make it and try not to be too hard on her.  Your wedding will be beautiful no matter what and in the end that's all that matters. Best of luck for the next 2.5 mos of planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards