Oregon

Hi everyone! Eugene Bride to be here!

I just moved to the area of Eugene with my fiance' Matt, so everything is pretty new to me and I haven't been here long enough to make some good girlfriends to chit chat with, I am hoping to here! My name is Christie, and I am marrying Matt on January 19th, 2013. Our theme is a winter one with sparkling snowflakes, cornflower blue and cream for the colors. To tell you the truth I am already overwhelmed so much to do! That's why it would be so nice to meet some local brides to be in this area going through the same as me so I would have someone to talk to! 

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with all of you, and hope we can have some fun in process while we plan our weddings! Glad to be here!

Re: Hi everyone! Eugene Bride to be here!

• sdrakkansdrakkan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Clackamas here! I've liked everyone I've met, so would imagine you will make some new Knottie friends.

That color combo sounds amazing. I too was amazed how much is required for one damn day. It's worth it so I'm told. :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers image I'm in love with a nerd!
  • jess9802jess9802 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board, and to Eugene! I was married last month and so my planning days are done, but I have vendor reviews in my Married Bio if you're getting married here and still have some vendors to book. Take advantage of the Oregon Wedding Showcase at the Eugene Fairgrounds; there's one in October and another in January.

Congrats and have fun planning.
  • edited December 2011

I am also new to Eugene area and recently moved up here to live with my fiance! We are getting married in Maui in May 2012 and then coming back and having our reception at my in-laws backyard in June (Hawaiian themed). Jess9802, I read your Vendor Reviews. We just went today and looked at Parties To Go so I will definitely have to check out Essig Entertainment for all our tables/chairs/linen, etc.. We also checked out Market of Choice for cakes, but they were over our budget(over $300) for 100 people. Maybe we could do a 2-tier and then a sheet cake for the rest?? I have also heard that Sweet Cakes has really good cakes, but they are probably even more expensive.

• edited December 2011
    You can't go wrong with cakes from Sweet Life!  We were married in Portland, but I made my dad drive up the cakes with him from Eugene and it was so, so worth it.  To save money, we went with 4 sheet cakes (all in different flavors) and had enough so that each of our guests could try a piece of each one if they wanted.  All for a fraction of the cost of a traditional tiered cake.  4 years later and people are still raving about how amazing our cakes were :)
  • jess9802jess9802 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sweet Life includes delivery in their price - I think when I looked at their pricing information it worked out to over $4/slice. I personally prefer MoC over Sweet Life, but Sweet Life cakes are beautiful and delicious. FWIW, our cake from MoC was a two tier that was supposed to serve 50, but our caterer cut the slices small. I think everyone at the wedding got a piece, and we had quite a bit left over - enough to save the entire inner core of our bottom tier for our first anniversary. So talking to a consultant about the size of the slices and your head count might be worth your while - you may find that a smaller cake will be worth your while and in your budget.

At the wedding showcase I sampled cakes from Exclusively Bridal in Drain and Our Daily Bread in Veneta. I didn't like them as well as MoC or Sweet Life, but I thought the cakes they had at the wedding showcase were really good, though they both start at $3.00/slice. Anyway, the wedding showcase is a really great place to sample caterers, cake bakers, and see some of the other vendors you might need, so it's definitely worth checking out.
  • edited December 2011
    Sara, I'm still new to EWugene and could use a wedding buddy so to speak! We could go check out some stores and cake places. PM me if you want! It could be a lot of fun to finally have a girlfriend in a city where I know no one!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm intrigued by the wedding showcase! October you say? Definitely worth checking it out to me! You ladies are awesome! I knew joining this board would be a wealth of info! <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards