Vineyard Weddings

DIY project

Working on some table decor and got this going today.  It's a mason jar filled halfway with corks.  Ribbon tied around and then a candle (LED) resting on the corks.  This isn't a centerpiece, just some ambient lighting.  What do you think?  I want to see your stuff...ideas??

Our colors are obviously pool blue and apple green.

Re: DIY project

• I really like it!  Will the LED candle stay in place on the corks?

So I don't really have DIY, just some ideas that I'm excited about.  Haven't starting putting anything together yet but I'll share them.  Warning... this is long!

1. Guest Book- Instead of a traditional guest book we are getting vineyard postccards and will have the guest sign them, write a message and then a cork board that they can pin them on.  After we'll use them in a scrapbook.

2. Cards- We are going to have guests put their cards in a mini wine barrel.  We just need to make a opening in so they can slide through.

3. One Year Anniversary idea- We are getting a bottle of wine from our vineyard and will have our guest sign their names then we will open it on our anniv. 

4. Cany bar- since our theme is vintage vineyard we are going to have all old school candy like mary janes, tootsie rolls, mr good bar etc

5.Place cards- we are diy corks to make them into place card holders

6. Tables- instead of table numbers we are going to name them after they different types of wine and then give a little info about that particular wine and it's orgin.

7. Cigar Bar- wanted someone to hand roll them but  it cost to much.  Instead we are going to have a table set up with some cigars, cutters, a humidor and matches for our guest.  Many of them smoke cigars so they will enjoy this.

Other ideas so far... personalized m&m's in our colors berry and navy, lots of candles some of the holders will be wrapped in grape vine, and a old school popcorn machine for after dinner while everyone's dancing.  This is all I can think of now.

Sorry so long.

• The ones I've used so far are just wine corks I've saved from bottles we've drank.  I've heard that if you have a friendly bartender and let them know what you're doing (particularly at a place that sells a lot of wine, obviously) that they may save them for you.  You can also buy them in bulk on ebay.  If you need unused corks, look up home wine making supply companies.  Some will even personalize them for you I noticed.

As far as the candles resting evenly...they will if you get them on there just right.  It only took a few seconds to get it figured out.  Here's some other pictures of stuff I'm working on.  I used split peas to get a natural green color.  The first picture is utilizing the lid to the mason jar (upside down) and the second, just a normal tealight holder with peas and ribbon.

The last one isn't close to done, but I'm planning to dress up this galvanized tub to put flipflops in for guests with heels (it's decking to dance on which can be brutal on heels).
  • I love all these ideas – especially the flip flops! We are also having a bottle of wine in place of our “sign in book.” It’s the really large format bottle and will sit on an entrance table with a silver marker so everyone can sign it. I have not planned when it would be opened, and I like the one year anniversary idea! I’m also putting together preliminary thoughts on welcome baskets. Everyone will be from out of town so I wanted to put a basket in each hotel room with a few items. My list so far:Bottled waterMixed nuts (from Austin, TX where we are from)Chocolate (from Healdsburg, CA where the wedding will be)Travel Winery Book (I’ve been collecting them for a year now, pictures and background info for wineries in and around Northern California)Cheese (bought in Healdsburg that doesn’t need refrigeration – my wedding coordinator suggested this)A bottle of wine (hoping to secure wine from the winery where we will get married)Wine country postcardsWine sleeves (those padded, waterproof plastic sleeves that you seal a bottle of wine in before you stuff it in your checked luggage)Welcome Letter (hand written letter from my fiance and I welcoming them to CA and thanking them for attending)
  • Our excort cards are held up in the homemade corks a lot of people are using. Are table numbers are going to be wine names and the holder is 10 wine corks stacked like a 3 tier cake with ivy running down the side. Our centerpieces are clear wine bottles with mini white lights inside and crystal and netting wrapped around the outisde sitting on top of a round mirror.

• How are the mini lights inside going to be lit?  Do you have pictures?
  • I will be assembling 40 welcome baskets! Yes, just looked at the dates list and I'm next after OFF. And I just found the boards....you could say I'm a little bit overwhelmed. I do have a great wedding coordinator who I trust immensely to help me pull this off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards