Gothic Weddings

reception site..?

hi! i was wondering what you think of this as a reception site? 

[i just found those pics on google because there aren't any on their website & they're pretty dreary & terrible lol..but when we go over this week i'm going to definitely take new pics so i'll post those when i do!]

it would cost us i think 200$ for the whole place for 2 days! that's wayy under our budget. our friends own it and they'll give us the deal [it's usually 600$ every 6 hours] we just have to book it soon before they sell it and someone else takes over. i've looked at tons of places and there's not much i like that isn't at least 1.5 hours away from us. it's pretty plain.. but i kinda like that since we're going for a rustic thing & we can make it look however i want. we've seen fancier places but they all seem like they don't match!! like they'll have a blue & yellow wall with an orange and green carpet or something.. ugh it's disgusting. i hate it!!lol 
this is a good size for our guest # & has the 2 fireplaces i love & we want somewhere you can go inside and out, you can have any vendors and catering you choose [for japanese], it has a huge kitchen for the rest [buffet], plus spending less on the venue we could spend a lot more on decorations. also idk why but for some reason when i picture it i picture it here.. 
the only thing.. we're considering it.. but we've never really wanted an outside ceremony. just that's the only option if we do that there and ideally we'd like to have them at the same place. the church we love [that's only 10 mins away from it] their ceiling is sort of falling down.. :[ lol and they don't know when it will be fixed.. so don't know if that would work yet..

this is the only other place i've really liked:

i really love how it looks!! very nice & pretty but neutral. & especially because you can do the ceremony there as well..but they haven't gotten back to me on prices yet which i think are pretty high & they don't allow outside catering which is not what we want.. 

so.. any input ladies..?

Re: reception site..?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards