Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Lowe's Hotel or Hilton Garden Inn for room blocks????

Looking to book at either one of these for my wedding room blocks for 2 nights.  I have guests coming from Italy, and first time in the states.

Any reviews on either hotel...good and bad? There are mixed reviews on both hotels online. Both are the same price for my guests.  THANKS!

Re: Lowe's Hotel or Hilton Garden Inn for room blocks????

• Options
    lauren123455lauren123455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd go with the Loews if they're the same price.  I've stayed at the Loews and am getting married there.  I've never stayed at the Garden Inn but I've been to meetings there and I used to live a few blocks away.  I think the location of the Loews is slightly better --- that area of Market Street isn't the prettiest area of the city, but it's nicer than the Convention Center/Chinatown feel by the Garden Inn (I'm almost positive the Garden Inn is right across the street from a Wawa and the place where the Chinatown bus leaves).

Also, the lobby of the Loews has more of a luxury hotel feel than the Hilton, which I thought was very corporate and convention center-like.  I've never been in a room at the Hilton, but I thought the room at the Loews was lovely and very up-to-date. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Lauren about the feel. And I have never stayed in the Lowe's but I have stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn and the rooms were really nice and the beds super comfy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    WLevine75WLevine75 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well.
    I would say Hilton Garden Inn..Staff is amazing....

I work there in the Sales/Catering office. I am the Catering Manager..
    Let me know if I can help!!!!
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rhandler2rhandler2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd recommend the Loews any day.  I stayed there when my best friend was married in October and I am also getting married there in September.  The rooms are lovely and there isn't a bad view from anywhere.  The staff is very nice and the location can't be beat.  I have never stayed at the Hilton, but if they're in the same price range then go with the Loews.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards