Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Black/Yellow....and Gray??

I posted something on the attire page but was kind of getting mixed reviews as I'm not sure anyone understood my post. First of all, my fiance and I are big Hawkeye fans, therefore our colors are black and yellow. My bridesmaid dresses are black and they are all wearing yellow shoes. I actually got this idea from a picture that was in one of the local bridal magazines and I LOVED it. Anyway, I never really thought about what the groomsmen were going to wear until now. I guess I always just imagined they would wear black, but now I'm thinking gray might look nice. Is it weird though if the guys wear gray if the girls are wearing black? I'm having a hard time picturing it. Thoughts??

Re: Black/Yellow....and Gray??

• Options
    This website helped us a TON when we did our wedding attire:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Browse_Dress-Your-Wedding

Maybe play around with it a little and see what you think?  I love the gray/black/yellow!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love Black Yellow & Gray!! We had black and yellow for our wedding colors and gray was an accent. I think it'd look great!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    Ok so since this post I've been looking at a few pictures and personally, I think it looks better with black tuxs.  If you want gray, maybe think about putting the girls in yellow dresses with black shoes?
  • Options
    The problem is that my girls already have their dresses ordered and they're all black. I think the gray makes everything a little more casual, which is fine. What to do, what to do?? :)
  • Options
    I personally would stick with black tuxes and keep gray as an accent color. I think this sticks to your Hawkeye theme a little better than gray tuxes. But it's your wedding so whatever you think looks the best is all that matters!
  • Options
    Thanks for the input everyone! I've played around on the David's Bridal site and agree that I need to stick with black. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_blackyellowand-gray?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:80Discussion:bf46c296-8600-4e91-93a8-5aaa89346929Post:c227c27e-8549-48b2-8941-b70f77ad3129">Re: Black/Yellow....and Gray??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the input everyone! I've played around on the David's Bridal site and agree that I need to stick with black. Thanks! :)
    Posted by jmorse[/QUOTE]

I just want to say that I LOVE black dresses on bridesmaids .. very classy :)

Also, I had my girls all in red shoes and day of the wedding completely forgot to tell my photographer that I wanted a foot shot .. so if you want one make sure you tell them! You won't remember the day of thats for sure!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards