Flowers
Options

cheap and tacky?

I LOVE the babies breath look for a bridesmaids bouquet but my MOH insists that it looks tacky and that it looks like we are cheap.  I need feedback...I LOVE it but I dont want the thought of people thinking that the flowers look cheap....
Here's pics of what I mean....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: cheap and tacky?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not cheap and tacky at all!

I think those photos look lovely. And if it's what you really want, go for it. I myself love ornamental cabbages as the main part of my wedding flowers, and I've had a couple people question me to for that. Sure, they are much less expensive --- but when it comes down to it, I just really love them.

I have similar anxieties about being thought of as "cheap". I like to think of it as economical. When I think about the weddings I've been to though --- I don't remember what flowers they had, or what plates they used. I remember the overall good time and how happy for my friend I was!

Go for what you want!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think those arrangements look very chic! And I think people will think it's creative and different, not cheap or tacky. You can't satisfy everyone's taste, so do what you like best!
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

The only problem I have with baby's breath, is that it smells funny to me, lol.  Some might see the delicate, lacy blooms as "Vintage romantic/Victorian" look, and some people look at it and see weeds, or "dated". 

I think this might be what your mother is trying to say.  If you trust your mother's taste and advice, you might give it more thought.  If not, then you can certainly use the baby's breath if that's what you love, and if it helps you obtain the look you are going for. 

A lot depends on the other elements, and how well put together everything is. You can certainly assure your mother that it's not cheap, but "trendy vintage".

• Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree about the smell esecially if you will have a whole room full of centerpieces. You may want to buy a bunch and see if you can stand the smell. I have had brides who used fabreeze on it but I thought it just smelled worse.
  • Options
    JThibault07JThibault07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    be careful that your motivation is not cheapness: babies breath can be expensive to get that effect its actually not that cheap of a flower like people think

bottom line: very trendy and I personally like it however, when done right you need A LOT of babies breath to do it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards