Second Weddings
Options

Opinions Please - MOH choices

At my first wedding my sister was my MOH.  Since we each only have one sister, we agreed long ago that if either of us ever got married, we would be the other's MOH, that we we wouldn't have to worry about choosing among friends and possibly hurting feelings.  Now that I am engaged again, it seems like she has already assumed she will be filling the role again.  The problem is I'm not sure that's what I want.  I love my sister, but honestly she wasn't a great MOH.  My best friend at the time actually did most of the MOH "duties" as far as pre-wedding stuff goes.  And maybe it's wierd, but I feel like it wouldn't be right in a way to have the same MOH this time as the first. 

Any thoughts on this?  Anyone run into anything similar?  Also how would I break it her that I'd prefer to have someone else?

Thanks!! 

Re: Opinions Please - MOH choices

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I'm having the same MOH this time because she is still my closest friend. 

BUT if you don't feel the same about it this time, you should feel completely free to choose a different MOH.. just make sure you bring it up in conversation with your sister SOON.. the longer she assumes it's her, the worse it will feel when she finds out she was wrong.
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to have the same MOH do it, if not then tell your sister sooner rather than later.

I have 3 sisters, this is the second time two of them have been in one of my weddings.  My baby sister is my MOH, she was too young at the time of the previous wedding.  Neither of my sisters just assumed that they would be in my wedding this time - but I'm happy to say I asked them both and they accepted, along with two other ladies who are like sisters to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_opinions-please-moh-choices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:2dcd7309-200b-4d97-8e2f-ca147a8d3908Post:68787d38-2501-4dba-9278-f0aab4f9e4dd">Re: Opinions Please - MOH choices</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pretend it's the middle of the night, and you have to get rid of a body. Who do you call?
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

Ha!  that is the single best thing I've seen on these boards in ages! 
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL at the body quote.

I think you have to figure out that a MOH's duties, especially when you are older and having a second wedding, should not be seen in the same light as when you were younger and more "dewey eyed". It's an honor, nothing more or less.

Can one be matron of honor (ie she is married)? If not, have 2, or decide based on the "getting rid of the body" quote, I LOVE THAT!
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs, especially Retreads - great advice :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards