Honeymoon Discussions

Italy help

Hey me and my better half are tying the knot next June and we really want our honeymoon in italy somewhere with easy access to venice etc but an all inclusive hotel. We don't mind a boat ride to get there to make it cheaper. Anyone got any ideas where we could find a good hotel for our honeymoon please.
Fi

Re: Italy help

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Your only bet for an all-inclusive is to cruise around the Mediterrean.

All-inclusives really don't exist outside the Caribbean.  You don't go to Europe to eat at the hotel and do the hotel's activities.  You go to explore the cities, eat in random restaurants, and experience the culture! 
  • Yeah, Italians don't do AI's.
  • Go to Amalfi Coast... forget the all inclusive!! It is beautiful and you will want to be out enjoying the sights/food. Wine is cheaper than water anyways :) 

A beautiful hotel I have been to is hotel Caruso in Ravello is http://www.hotelcaruso.com/web/orav/hotel_caruso_ravello.jsp

• Yup, nothing like an AI in Italy!  And trust me, you wouldn't want there to be!

FI and I are planning a honeymoon in Italy.  Capri--Florence--Venice--Rome.  You can have a little mixture of relaxing (there are beaches in Italy!) and sightseeing/exploring.  But you can't just have everything served to you and planned for you at a resort.  It's no fun that way!

SaveSave
  • I think Club Med resorts are all inclusive and they have several locations in Italy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • there may be some AIs in italy but for the life of me i cant figure out why you'd want to stay in one. the food isn't that expensive, neither is a good glass of wine.
    italy has a very good and easy train system so you can get pretty much anywhere from venice.

• In my personal opinion a trip to Italy should not be done within the confines of a resort. My favorite part of Italy is the food which should be experienced outside of a resort! I have entries here in my travel blog on my trip to Italy.

• Totally agree with everything pp said.  Check out www.tripadvisor.com for hotel ideas.  I wouldn't stay in Venice, but outside the city as you said.  You only need a couple days in Venice to see everything.  Go take the train and explore other parts of the country.  
  • A little late so I hope you get this but we just returned from our honeymoon in Italy this past June and it was fantastic!! Message me if you want any details and help;)We were there for 2 and a half weeks ( Sorrento 5 nights, Rome 3 nights, Florence 4 nights and Venice 3 nights).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • HTR10HTR10 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    SunshineyLees-  I'd like some details if you are willing to share. I'm about two years out from our wedding and our goal is a 2 week honeymoon in Italy and Greece. I've been to Rome before but FI hasn't. 

I'm also really interested in the timing--someone once warned me that I would be exhausted after the wedding and not to take the honeymoon right away...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards