Vermont
Options

Has anyone had a weeding at the falls in Hardwick?

Im just wondering if its worth the 3000.00 since thats all most all my budget!!! But it seems they include everything for the ceremony and reception...like tables,chairs,bathrooms.....i would still have to do the food and decor...? what do you ladyies think?

Re: Has anyone had a weeding at the falls in Hardwick?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I toured the falls this past September for a July wedding. BEAUTIFUL location-definitely different. I had two issues with the location: the noise factor was one and the bugs was another. Very buggy in September right around the falls. I also asked the woman who showed us around about the noise factor. She said many DJs will bring a microphone system to help  hear the ceremony better. My biggest concern was the need to rent A LOT of stuff: plates, glasses, silverware, linens, extra tables, tents, barware. I didn't price this out, but I presumed it would be a lot extra.
    Good luck with whatever you choose!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will be honest with you if it is sunny and lovely you will be great however if it rains your going to be up you know what with out a paddle. I know a couple people who have been there for weddings when it rained and they said it was a lovely site but everything was muddy and buggy. Plus its hard for caterers to get in and out I hear.  There is a site, myvtwedding.com there on face book to they know all the great VT sites. Hope that helps. I had my wedding at The Barn at Boyden Farm and it was amazing!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My high school prom was held there. It is a BEAUTIFUL location!! The down fall was that it had been rainy out and the ground was really muddy and the tent smelled very musty. If you are planning a fall wedding you should be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards