Virginia
Options

Budget Change - need help finding venue in Nova

My original budget was around $10,000-$12,000 for the whole wedding, but due to some recent events in my family the budget has dropped to $7,000 to find a ceremony and reception venue, catering, wedding cupcakes, flowers, decorations, DJ, photography...the whole thing! We are trying to have our wedding on August 3, 2012, and I'm starting to panic a little because it's only 6 months away and the only thing I've finished is purchasing the dress and wedding bands. Does anyone have any suggestions for a venue for ceremony and reception with my budget in mind? Northern Virginia area is preferable, but we're willing to travel about 2 hours away for the wedding if there's a good enough deal. Thank you!

Re: Budget Change - need help finding venue in Nova

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I don't know much about Northern VA, but during my research I came across some ceremony only locations in Washington DC.

Old Stone House, 3051 M Street NW ♦ Washington, DC 20007. It has a beautiful garden behind the house that can be rented. Also The Meridian Hill Park in DC as well. Both can be rented for ceremonies only. The cost is $200.

The Josephine Butler Parks Center in DC can host a reception. http://www.washingtonparks.net/josephine_butler_parks_center

You can do a hotel wedding in DC. They pretty much include everything except a dj, photography, & videography.

Places about two hours away from you:
    The Clifton Inn in Charlottesville, VA
    The Boars Head Inn in Charlottesville, VA

That's all I can think of right now, but if I think of more I'll post it. 

Good Luck!

• Options
    I chose to hold my reception at the Grand Atrium in Vienna/Tysons area (on Gallows Rd) due to its pricing being at least half of other venues.  Catering, linens, service, and simply decorations are included.  At the Atrium, there is a minimum guest count of 90 persons.  Children under 10 are charged at 1/2 buffet dinner rates, but count toward the 90-person minimum. 

The basic buffet includes one stationary hor d'oeuvres, two passed butler-style hor d'oeuvres, two buffet entree choices, three vegetable/starch choices, two salad choices, non-alcoholic beverage service, complimentary champagne and/or sparkling cider toast.  Wedding cake is not provided by this venue/caterer, but their menu add-on options include trays of various desert choices.  When you do have a wedding cake, they do NOT add a cake-cutting fee.  Nor is there a corkage fee if you provide your own alcoholic beverages to be served.

Simple wedding ceremonies can be scheduled at the Atrium for an additional charge of $375 (officiant NOT included).  You can hire one of their in-house DJs for the day at $495.  You can bring in your own DJ, but your DJ would have to bring their own sound system.  A piano is available for use.

Here is an example of the minimum cost for holding a brief ceremony and buffet reception (including DJ):
    $49.95/person x 90 persons minimum = $4495.50
    $495.00 to hire their DJ
    $395.00 to add ceremony
    Total = $5385.50

Add VA tax (5%) = $5654.78
    (There is no "service fee" added.)
    If you wanted to have an open bar, add a flat $475 = $6129.78

Sorry, I don't have any leads on photographers who would fit within your budget as described.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards