South Carolina

Cost for ceremony site?

About what are you all paying to use your ceremony site?

I've always dreamed of a specific site in the sourthern part of the state (Sheldon Church ruins) and I just found out the fee is $1,000.  Which is a lot for my budget tight, DIY wedding.

Just wondering if this is actually a decent price, especially for the Charleston/Hilton Head area.

Re: Cost for ceremony site?

• edited December 2011
    I looked at several places in Greenville and the price ranged from $750-$1500. I decided to get married in a seperate ballroom at the hotel we were having the reception at. They gave me the extra ballroom for just $500 and we don't have to worry about transportation between venues.
    Anniversary
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For Charleston, $1000 is about as cheap as you're going to find--I researched about 20+ locations and the only cheaper spot was the children's museum, which was $600.  Now, if you're only having the ceremony there, you can find ceremony+ reception venues in the $1500 range, which might be more affordable overall.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

We were originally thinking of having our wedding in Charleston but the prices just to rent the Venues were ridiculous.  $1000 is pretty good.  Most places I contacted (even a state park) wanted upwards of $2000 + and that was only for the space, it didn't include tables, charis, etc.  We opted for a wedding in Sumter at an old mansion that has been restored.  Surely in the south they have a bunch of those around.  If Charleston doesn't work maybe you can find something like the O'Donnell House (http://www.theodonnellhouse.com/wordpress/)  hopefully this will help!

• edited December 2011
    I'm having my ceremony and reception at the same place. we booked the woodburn plantation in Pendleton, SC. the ceremony is in front of the carriage port and the reception is on the front lawn of the house. the total fee for 150 guests was only $1000.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards