Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

manzanita branches

can anyone please tell me where I can find Manzanita branches? I found a few online but they are not reasonably priced.  any information would be much appreciated.

email me at a.garzdzn@gmail.com

thanks,
alma

Re: manzanita branches

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The best prices I've found thus far are through Nettleton Hollow (check their blog for good DIY tips). As I understand it, the key to keeping the cost down is using smaller branches - the shipping cost is what throws Manzanita into Expensiveland.

http://www.nettletonhollow.com/branches.html
    http://nettletonhollow.blogspot.com/search/label/manzanita%20branches
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a lot of research on those a couple months back and had serious trouble finding anything reasonably priced. The branches usually come from California, so as Beka0404 said, shipping suuuucks.

I also got warnings about branches being smaller than expected, so I guess just be careful and see if you can order from somewhere with great reviews?

Just a thought, though - FI and I switched from manzanita to Dogwood branches, which are naturally a beautiful, smooth, deep red (but could be spray painted). They grow throughout MN, and you could probably find some for free from someone in town. Birch branches are also beautiful.
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • Options
    KikiTopazKikiTopaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also think that manzanita branches make beautiful centerpieces but they are expensive. My daughter and FSIL love to camp and hike so I thought it would be a great idea if they collected birch branches this summer that we could use in the centerpieces. It would give a  personal touch to the reception decor. Nettleton Hollow has a wedding blog on their site where you can get ideas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I emailed you, but I'm selling manzanita branches (and the whole centerpiece if desired!) from my March wedding. Email me at katetygewed @ hotmail if you want to see more pics or have questions! Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got faux ones for my wedding at www.etherealdecor.com I have pics in my bio of what they looked liked. I used 3 branches per centerpiece to get a 3D look.

I also got smaller branches from www.bloomsandbranches.com which i used for our place card trees. You can also see those in my bio.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards