Ohio-Cincinnati

Dermatologists...

I know several of you ladies rec. Dr. Mathias, but right now he is booked until July 21st, and my wedding is October 2.  I went ahead and made the appointment, but is that really enough time to get any results?  Should I make an appointment with another doctor and see if I like them/what they rec. to do/how long it will take?
~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Dermatologists...

• edited December 2011
    Did you check any of the other Dermatologists at GHA? I listed them below along with where their offices are at... maybe you could get in with a different one sooner?

Breneman, Debra L., MD Anderson
    Broomall, David L., MD Kenwood , Springdale
    Diab, Mohammed, MD Springdale
    Mathias, C.G. Toby, MD Clifton , Western Hills
    Nash, Brian C., MD Anderson
    Nordlund, James J., MD Kenwood , Mason
    Sheth, Pranav B., MD Clifton , Kenwood
    Volpenhein, Jr., Charles, PA-C Clifton , Western Hills
  • ninjette04ninjette04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was my next step, thanks.  I had my insurance company email me a list of all derms I could go to, and I was going to start calling Monday.  I just didn't know if anyone knew if July was too late to start doing something to control the acne for the wedding.
  • abromanelloabromanello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I go to Mona Foad, Cincinnati Dermatology Center on Montgomery Rd. in Kenwood.  I love her!  She does all the medical stuff, plus has a focus on the aesthetic side, so she's great.  I started going to her last year.  I know it took me a little while to get in to her, but I'm not sure how long it is now.  I'd give her a call!
  • ninjette04ninjette04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Kenwood is a little far for me with my busy sched :-( Thanks though... I decided I'm going to call a few closer to me to see if I can get in at the beginning of June.

• clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    While Dr. Mathias is my first pick, Dr. Brenaman is my second pick.  Go to her!  She's very experienced and so friendly!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • CincyBride29CincyBride29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly you will have to wait to get in with any dermatologist they are all always booked months out in advance.  I just saw my dermatologist last week and he said he really only needs 2 weeks to clean me up.  If it is too close to the wedding they will just prescribe more aggressive meds.  Don't worry I think you will be fine if you go in July for an October wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    220 Invited image 163 Attending image 57 Declined image 0 Not Replied image
    RSVP Date: June 18th
  • edited December 2011
    Dr. Scott Grevey in Fairfield. I've been seeing him since 8th grade.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_dermatologists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:3a9e0fda-9ca9-4ef9-8548-9f76ee3c0227Post:e4465a31-f7b4-43fe-b608-0155715ebf46">Re: Dermatologists...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I go to Mona Foad, Cincinnati Dermatology Center on Montgomery Rd. in Kenwood.  I love her!  She does all the medical stuff, plus has a focus on the aesthetic side, so she's great.  I started going to her last year.  I know it took me a little while to get in to her, but I'm not sure how long it is now.  I'd give her a call!
    Posted by abromanello[/QUOTE]

She is booked 3 months in advance!  I have a Aug 1 wedding and wanted her to look at some skin discoloration on my face.  I can't get in with her in time, but her N.P. was available 1 month out.  So i'm just going to her and we'll see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards