Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

WTF Wednesday

Good Morning Ladies!!

We've been quiet lately -- I know a couple of us are off on our wedding/honeymoon trips right now but lets all get our complaints out!!

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options

My WTF: Crazy family drama -- which I am technically not supposed to know about. If I didn't look so much like my mom and sister I would swear that I was adopted -- we just have such different lives / decision making skills it astounds me.Undecided

WTF #2: Last week felt like it was speedy by on fast forward - this week is going SO SLOW. I feel like it has been Friday for days and it is only Wednesday Cry

• Options
    oooo have I been ready for THIS!

Our RSVP date for the AHR was 10/1. Venue needed our final head count by 10/9. One of my cousins did not RSVP. My mom sent him 3 emails (he doesn't have a phone), called his dad, and sent him a message on FB. I also sent him an email and a message on FB. My final one basically said "Unfortunately I have to assume you're not coming if I don't hear from you by tomorrow." Nothing.

Final meeting took place. Bill paid. Seating chart done. What does my mom get this AM but a message on FB from my cousin that he and his girlfriend are coming. And what does my mom do?! Says "Awesome! I'm so glad you can come!" and shoots me an email to request some extra food from the venue. WTF. No. First off, rude. Secondly, quite frankly I don't have an extra $100 right now to pay for these two who decide they can RSVP when and if they want to. My budget was based on what we spent for the AHR at our final meeting and it is TIGHT.

RSVP DATES EXIST FOR A REASON!!!!! ARRRGHHH!!!
  • Options
    Brittany- That is ridiculous!!!  I would totally stand firm (and probably curse my cousin out lol!)

Sara- I'm the opposite of you with the time, it's flying for me!! I wish it would slow down a bit!! lol!

WTF is up with all of these weekend family functions I've got?!  It's either I've got nothing going on or at least 10 things going on.  I need to practice effective time management as of yesterday!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Ugh -harr that is the worst. I fully expect to have the same situation when/if we decide to schedule our AHR. My mom has already tried inviting random people to our DW (even though she was told it will be a very small, strict guest list) so I can only imagine what she will do with an at home party!!

I hope you figure it out :)

• Options
    You only have 4 months to go - that's why it is going so fast!! LOL.
  • Options
    Brittany- I would be pissed!
    This week is going by slow for me too, probably because I hav Friday off (I usually don't) and I'm looking forward to it.

WTF can't our accountant get my paychecks right. I have done everything the way she has requested and my checks are never right. Which means they put the amount that it is short onto the next check and I have to wait 2 weeks for it. It's getting very annoying.
  • Options
    Brittany - I would be annoyed too! We had 10 people in FIs family that did not respond by the response date (they are never good at the RSVP thing.lol!)  Luckily for us his cousin (who is totally awesome) called them all for me yesterday and got their responses.  She was like 'done! what do you need help with next?'  LOVE HER!!!

WTF do stores have 1 less of everything I need to buy?  Last night I went to buy picture frames to use for the table names...we needed 8 matching frames, they had 7..ugh!  This is seriously like the 3rd time this has happened to me!

PS - time is dragging for me too this week!
    Until we say 'I DO'! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amorg334amorg334 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    my WTF:  my grandpa has been trying to call everyone he knows (including people my grandma has been friends with between 50-60 years) and trying to start fights and telling them who to vote for.  He even called his dr office today to tell his secretary to "vote the white back into the white house"  It is very upsetting.  Also he woke up me up this morning (it is my day off and he felt the need to not go to bed last night) to tell me to call his friend later and talk about my wedding in florida and how disney is a scam and all this other crap.  I yelled at him and told him I do not care about his friends opinion I am not an idiot and I know how to research things.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey Ladies

Wedding twin That WTF is crazy!

As far a time is going it is kinda sorta slow cuz yesterday I could have sworn it was friday lol!

My WTF would be my fitting I am kinda scared my dress wont fit! Needing some Knottie vibes!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Brit your dress will fit beautifully :) do not worry you will look amazing 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    amorg-WTF that is nuts!! I think older people are crazy sometimes. My grandpa isn't coming to our wedding or AHR because he thinks it's offensive my mom will have biracial grandbabies....although that's not even close to the term he used. Oh well, what can you do!

Brite-It will fit! I pick mine up tomorrow too and I'm scared of the same thing but we will both be fine!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards