Chit Chat
Options

Wedding blues!!

So my wedding planning seems to be going great. My problem is I am the type of girl who needs some one to tell me that cake is good or those flowers are beautiful or that plain out sucks!!! my sis/MOH is in basic trainning and my other BMs dont seem intrested my FI works all the time and doesnt care to much about the details he just wants me to be happy! I dont want someone to hold my hand but I am feel a little depressed!  Any advise?? I have a ton  to do and only 3 more months to do it!!!

Re: Wedding blues!!

• Options
    Precious-get your big girl panties on and get a grip!  It is all going to be fine.  Make a list and start checking it off.  Count your blessing istead of your problems.  It will be all about you on your Wedding Day, but right now you must realize that everybody is busy living their on life  and dealing with their issues.  Helping or being thoughtful to another person will make you feel better than anything.  Write notes of gratitude to those who love and have helped in anyway big or small.  You get what you dish out.  Dish a little love and understanding and it will come back to you.  Day to day marriage is alot tougher than planning a wedding.  It makes you grow up very fast.  Are you up for the title of Mrs?  This is a tough love response but sometimes that is what we all need.  It is sent love so you may have joy!
  • Options
    Well said charlsa! Just do it. I didn't have much help either when I booked my vendors either except for FMIL. I also moved 650 away from everyone shortly after we got engaged. I have worked with all of the vendors over the phone and e-mail, but have been fortunate to go home a few times to touch base with them again in person. I think the initial meeting or two is the most important. Getting everything booked is the hard part.

A good, reputable florist should ask you questions and get a feel for what you want as a bride. From there, they will create a beautiful bouquet. And don't worry if it isn't perfect or how you envisioned it, just roll with it. It is the marriage is what is important, the rest is just pretty details and 50 yrs from now no one is going to remember what flavor cake you had at your wedding. What they will remember is if you 2 are still married.

As far as the cake goes, did your baker give you various samples to taste? If he/she did, I would pick one from there unless you have something else in mind. There are also lots of great pics on the internet and in a lot of knotties bios and things. Take a look at some of those.

It will all be fine. I have not had anyone here to help me besides FI bc everyone else is miles away. We are now 19 days away and everything is coming together. Remember to not lose sight of what really matters, take time for away from wedding planning each day, and prioritize and make lists. But the most important thing is the wedding and marriage, like I said before, the rest is just pretty details. Best of luck!
  • Options
    I think you should trust yourself that you know what is great for your wedding!=) A good florist should help you create great flowers, and as long as you like the cake you are tasting-it's gold! Remember that no wedding is perfect, so just put your heart into it.=) Also, when I have a question about the weddings, I turn to the Knot boards to get feedback. I am the type of person who tends to doubt her choices, so I know how you feel! It's all going to be great. Borrow other peoples ideas from searching weddings on the net, and check vendor reviews. You will have a great wedding,no worries!
  • Options
    Honestly.  If choosing whether a cake tastes good or flowers are pretty is too tough a decision for you to make on your own, you've got much bigger issues to deal with that a wedding.

Geez.  It's not that hard.  Make a decision.  Then own it.  You're really, really, really overthinking this stuff.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wedding-blues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:85b5e9d3-6737-4689-9e2c-b259c313a5e7Post:c9c4f75f-5d54-42ea-92dc-526929efa65d">Wedding blues!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my wedding planning seems to be going great. My problem is I am the type of girl who needs some one to tell me that cake is good or those flowers are beautiful or that plain out sucks!!! my sis/MOH is in basic trainning and my other BMs dont seem intrested my FI works all the time and doesnt care to much about the details he just wants me to be happy! I dont want someone to hold my hand but I am feel a little depressed!  Any advise?? I have a ton  to do and only 3 more months to do it!!!
    Posted by katelym_questad[/QUOTE]

JIC
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    You will do fine!!! If it looks good to you and tastes good to you thats all that matters, Guest dont really care what the certerpieces are they just want good food, good booze and good music!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you really can't decide between two things, flip a coin.  It's not that hard, and it's not life-changing.  Your wedding will be fine whether you use roses or peonies, and the guests don't give a damn about anything except whether they're having fun.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards