March 2012 Weddings

"Must play" and "Do not play" song lists

Hi ladies!!  Sorry if this has been asked before but I've been crazy busy at work the past few weeks and have really fell behind on wedding stuff.  I'm trying not to stress but I really need to catch up!  

One of my to-do's this week is to put together a "must play" and "do not play" song list for our DJ.  What are you girls listing on your lists? 

Thanks in advance! :)

Re: "Must play" and "Do not play" song lists

• HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2012

I copied and pasted from the email I sent the DJ.

Must Play Songs

Don’t Stop Believin’- Journey version only

Faithfully- Glee Version

Livin’ on a Prayer- Bon Jovi

OMG or DJ Got Us Falling in Love by Usher

Everything Tonight by Pitt Bull

Take Care by Rhianna and Drake

Stand by Me any dance version

80’s music- Our favorites are (please try to play as many as you can): Sunglasses at Night (Corey Hart), Take on Me (Ah Ha), Take Me Home Tonight (Eddie Money), Anything, Anything (Dramarama), I Don’t Wanna Lose Your Love ( The Outfield), You’re My Inspiration (Peter Cetera), Power of Love (Huey Lewis)

Any songs by the following artist (can be played during dinner or the reception): Elton John, Barbara Streisand, Celine Dion, Frank Sinatra, Billy Joel

Do Not Play

Macarana, Chicken dance, Mambo #5

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for that list!

I need to look again at what FI put down.  Our DJ has a log on for his website and we put the songs there...I told FI to work on it and one night when I came home he told me like 25 songs he had picked, almost all from the 60s.  So far the music sounds like a playlist for a 1964 High School Reunion.  I clearly need to take a closer look at that, there were some I vetoed immediately and others I probably need to specify to be played during cocktail hour or dinner.  A lot of them weren't songs to dance to IMHO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards