Offbeat Weddings

It's been slow here...

Since it's has seemed to be a little dead lately, I thought that I would post a small get to know you and FI post. I know I have been busy with work and school and going on vacation. I totally stole this from another board:)

1. What's your favorite thing about FI?
2. What's the biggest pet peeve about FI?
3. What household chore is FI most helpful with?
4. Do you go shopping with FI, why/not?
5. Plans for the weekend.

Re: It's been slow here...

• 1. What's your favorite thing about FI? He's hilarious, he makes me laugh at him even when I really, really want to be mad at him
    2. What's the biggest pet peeve about FI? He's super anal. His shirt have to be folded a certain way, chores have to be done just so, ugh. Also, he doesn't drive and he's a total backseat driver.
    3. What household chore is FI most helpful with? Laundry and sweeping. Well, he washes the laundry and I fold it, but he's a champion sweeper.
    4. Do you go shopping with FI, why/not? Yes, primarily because I don't have the best fashion sense and also, because he has fun finding clothes he wants to see me wear.
    5. Plans for the weekend. Nothing specific I can think of, I got a "birthday card" from Macy's, though, so I might drag the boy to Macy's this weekend. He needs a dress shirt anyways.
    Babies
    Offbeat siggy challenge: Furbabies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. What's your favorite thing about FI? 
    The way he always tries to make me feel better even if I am in the wrong.
    He has a tendency to tell "tall" tales. 
    Everything
    Yes because he can't go shopping by himself.
    A suprise camping trip for my friends B-Day
  • It has been slow here and I've been unable to use my brain properly these past few days. I fear it will get worse in the next 16 days.

1. What's your favorite thing about FI?
    His sense of humor and charm.
    He sometimes freaks out about having to make decisions.
    Cooking dinner, laundry, taking out the trash, vacuuming
    All the time. He's an artist and often picks out colors for me. I say "I'm getting this shirt and these pants" and he'll say "If you get the pants in black don't get the grey shirt. There's too much yellow in that grey and it doesn't go well with cool colors."
    I can't even think about what I'm doing tonight but I guarantee you it will all be related to the wedding.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • 1. What's your favorite thing about FI?
    Oh there are so many great things about FI, he makes the best chocolate chip cookies EVER, he's a hopeless romantic, he cries at pretty much every movie ever, he can keep up with my craziness, he's accepting of everyone, and just an overall great guy, all of my friends are pretty jealous lol
    He burps obnoxiously a lot, and he's always so hard on himself! 
    Everything. The only thing he won't do is put clothes away. He's the best. He even cooks amazingly!
    Definitely, I don't normally go clothes shopping with him, that's just easier to do on my own, but we shop for everything else together! Heck, when we registered for things he wouldn't even let me have the scanner! most of the random kitchen things are things that he wanted.
    We're at the 6 week mark on Saturday, this is our last weekend where we don't have anything WR! I think we'll relax as much as possible.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_its-slow-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:062a2faa-cf72-4ebe-a327-5700fe1b049bPost:95ae7de7-ccf2-447a-ae50-9ec1af8afdca">Re: It's been slow here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. What's your favorite thing about FI? Oh there are so many great things about FI, he makes the best chocolate chip cookies EVER, he's a hopeless romantic, he cries at pretty much every movie ever, he can keep up with my craziness, he's accepting of everyone, and just an overall great guy, all of my friends are pretty jealous lol 2. What's the biggest pet peeve about FI? He burps obnoxiously a lot, and he's always so hard on himself!  3. What household chore is FI most helpful with? Everything. The only thing he won't do is put clothes away. He's the best. He even cooks amazingly! 4. Do you go shopping with FI, why/not? Definitely, I don't normally go clothes shopping with him, that's just easier to do on my own, but we shop for everything else together! Heck, when we registered for things he wouldn't even let me have the scanner! most of the random kitchen things are things that he wanted. 5. Plans for the weekend. We're at the 6 week mark on Saturday,<strong> this is our last weekend where we don't have anything WR! I think we'll relax as much as possible.</strong>
    Posted by brit_bell90[/QUOTE]<div>Take it! It goes by fast!

</div>
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    without sounding gushy its the way he loves me. i never doubt it for a second. he treats me so well, all the time. i have never met anyone with as big a heart.
    honestly it sounds ridiculous but leaving the toilet seat up, i hate falling in the bowl in the middle of the night. but he has been REALLY good about it recently.
    all of them. he does most of the housework... :)
    yup, we pretty much do everything together, though i need my girl time too so we go every now and then but i go with my mom and friends in between for extra retail therapy ;)
    we are going to get all our inside jobs taken care of...finishing up decorating our guest bedroom we just renovated, lots of cleaning, and hopefully we are going to do a backsplash in the kitchen if we have time. also dinner with some friends tomorrow night. not too much WR stuff, we seem to be in a bit of a lull now...
    Offbeat Brides & September 2011 August Siggys - Pets and Honeymoon Location: Roatan, Honduras!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. What's your favorite thing about FI? He supports me, he thinks like me, he's never boring and he's hilarious. Plus, we always have the best conversations. I love his mind. :P 
    He is a person who will go to the bthrm right after work for like an hour. EVERY. DAY. omg. What am I doing right now? Waiting for him to get out of the bthrm! He has a fear of going when not home or in a home he's not used to, it's annoying. Also, he takes longer showers than me. "Fast showers" for him are 15 min +:P
    He's super supportive and awesome with Ollie, who is not a chore, but takes up a lot of time. So when he gets home he's got his "dad" face on and takes over so I can do dinner, clean the kitchen, etc. He's an excellent bug killer. No foe has gone unmatched. He's good with laundry and trash, but I have to be like "ok, it's time" :P
    Yes. Almost always, I like shopping with him. Once, I left him alone in the grocery store to check something out. Not 5 min later did I find him and Ollie in the little debbies section! I yelled "Step away from the desserts!" and he got this deer in the headlights look and "ran away" lol. It was adorable. But yah, leave him to shop  alone and it's donuts, chips and other sweets all weekend. Boys.
    5. Plans for the weekend. Ollie got invited to his first b-day party ever! *sniff* milestone.  One of his friends is turning 1 and having a small pool party, so we're doing that. Michael's uncle got his doctorate and their family is having a congrats party, so we might go to that as well. :)
    Can't pick just one.  He quit smoking before we started dating because he wanted to be with me (I didn't ask him to).  See #3.  He's really good at showing his love daily, way beyond any boyfriend who ever attempted cliche romantic guestures.  Oh, and the way he proposed which was very personal and unique to our relationship.  And more, but I'll stop. 

His WoW habits.  Raids seriously interfere with our time together.  And then a raid ends early when I'm all settled in to spend the evening on TK discussion boards, and he wants to pull me away from the computer.  :)

A lot of them actually.  For some reason he's decided he wants to take care of all the cat litter and trash so I don't have to touch the smelly stuff.  It's sweet.  Strange but sweet.

He's super ADHD in grocery stores and it drives me crazy!  But in department stores and other places it is enjoyable.

Bridal shower for a friend, attempting to catch up on never-ending laundry, starting to look at honeymoon stuff.
    imageimageimage
    That I get to see a side of him that very few get to see. He comes off as an ass and jerky type of guy but underneath he is a real dork and super playful and funny
    Right now it his obsession with hockey. Even though he knows I dont watch or care he feels the need to tell and explain everything to me. In fact this tends to happen with a lot of subjects as he is a walking talking encyclopedia
    uhhh......... He will feed our millions of pets as I wont touch the crickets. other than that its a pain to get him to help.
    For grocerys yes because hes the muscle, for clothes for him yes because he now needs my opinion (apparently im picky :P), for clothes for me no because I can shop forever and i am picky with my own clothes.
    Nothing that I know of. He works weekends, I dont so it will be just me and our 2 year old doing 2 year old things
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • 1. What's your favorite thing about FI? that I absolutely know he's a good person and someone my dad would have loved. I haven't always been proud of the guys I dated and it's awesome to be with someone that I know is kind, generous, trustworthy, hard-working, open, and sweet-someone I can be proud to tell people I am with. He took on a single mom with a teenager and is so awesome to both of us.
    2. What's the biggest pet peeve about FI? procrastination. It definitely tests my ability to hold back the nagging. He always comes through in the end, he just makes me nervous as hell while I'm waiting.
    3. What household chore is FI most helpful with? he works 80-90 hours/week in the summer, so he is really good with helping out with all the chores other times of year since he knows I'll be on my own the rest of the time. He's also great at fixing & building things.
    4. Do you go shopping with FI, why/not? ugh, I do but I don't love it. The nearest mall is 100 miles away so when we do go it's a major chore & we're both cranky. He has no patience & usually ends up leaving me & going to Sears...lol.
    5. Plans for the weekend. I have rehearsals Sat. & Sun. since I'm involved in 2 different shows right now, so my weekend is pretty tied up with work I won't get paid for. But after these shows, my summer will start & I can't wait to have more free time & all my weekends off.

• Work got crazy and I never got to answer the questions!

1. What's your favorite thing about FI? He knows how to calm me down with I get overly crazy. For some reason he can always make me feel better:)
    2. What's the biggest pet peeve about FI? He never says when something is bothering him! He keeps everything to himself because he doesn't want to worry me...AHHHH
    3. What household chore is FI most helpful with? He takes out the garbage
    4. Do you go shopping with FI, why/not? The only time FI and I go shopping together is when we go by Legos. He hates shopping, unless it's for Lego's.
    5. Plans for the weekend.  It's Syttende Mai in a town near us and it's a huge party. We have a few friends that live there, so we go every year. It's so much fun!
  • 1. What's your favorite thing about FI? He's very supportive of everything I do and any decision I make. He's an amazing dad and works hard so I can stay home and raise the kids. He always brings a smile to my face. :) 2. What's the biggest pet peeve about FI? He's so lazy! 3. What household chore is FI most helpful with? Hahaha!!! Well..... He takes out the trash... 4. Do you go shopping with FI, why/not? Grocery shopping? Um, no. Hahaha 5. Plans for the weekend. FI will be at work so I'll be spending some QT with my girls and doing some wedding brainstorming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards