Vermont
Options

How Far in Advance Did you Book Your Venue?

So, I'm planning my wedding for next Fall in Vermont, probably late September, and I'm planning it from Colorado, so I want to figure out a good time to come out to do site visits.  How far in advance did you all book your venue?  I assume that autumn in VT is pretty popular, so I want to make sure I book my place in time!
Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How Far in Advance Did you Book Your Venue?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A year should be fine, but it is a popular time of year for weddings!  This coming fall would be a great time to visit the venues since you will get a sense of roughly what it would look like when you get married.

Our wedding is next month and we booked our venue last November, soooo.... that works out to about 10 months in advance.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I checked out several venues at 12 months out and they were booked for all of the dates we wanted already!! I recommend starting earlier than a year..Especially if you are planning on getting married in popular towns like Stowe, etc.
    *~*Jessica*~*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One year out is always a good time to look for venues. Have you thought about calling a wedding planner in Vermont as they can do the initial site search for you. Here are a couple places I know about.

http://www.vtenchantedevents.com ( this is a great planner and she works with every budget)

• Options
    subdolasubdola member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also from Colorado originally, married two years ago in Vermont Laughing

We ended up having an at home wedding at my mom'sproperty here, but originally we were going to use a venue and we were looking at getting that booked about 9 months out.  There was a lot of availability even at that point.  You should be fine...
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards